“professional staff, attentive to requests”
Review of Lufthansa

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Not a big fan of the family of airlines, in this case, United Airlines. But the plane and crew were Lufthansa and you know what you get. Professional, attentive and never annoyed staff.

Date of travel: January 2019
    • Food and Beverage
    • Legroom
    • In-flight Entertainment
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and boarding
Write a ReviewReviews (27,766)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

The flight was timely. Staff very corteous and food OK. But overall very desalojaron compared to the past LH experience.
1. The check in is in F (not in the very practical T2 as in the past). You have to walk outside in a dull passage, cold grey and badly lit.
Even if checked in by Web you cannot drop luggage in the T2 but have to drag it with you all the way to F.
Then you take the bus, Ok, but then....the big surprise you go back to T2 and have to climb 70 steps without elevator for the real departure gate with your carry on luggage in hand. Like a bad movie.
2. So we board on time and everything orderly but the seats, oh the pain, hard, with minimal space to move and no entertainment at all. And all this in the overnight flight when you are so tired and you cannot sleep because the reclination angle is almost unperceptible and you cannot keep awake because you did not want to shlep your computer with your old movies and you are bored stiff.
Cannot fault the very courteous and professional staff and timely and smooth flight.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Went via Frankfurt. Booked online on Lufthansa app, they offered a connection with a one hour stopover. The flight from Dublin was already 20 mins late. In Frankfurt I had to take the sky train, ran for miles only to arrive at the gate being told it just closed. Had to walk quite a bit again to get booked on a later flight, but arrived late at night. This was not the first time this happened to me in Frankfurt. Why do they even offer these tight connections? Otherwise service and friendliness of staff is always superb with Lufthansa, makes Ryanair look like a grumpy old man in comparison.

1  Thank jochenl589

Hi,

I always try and fly LH , but flying through Frankfurt is starting to get unbearable.

Although not directly airlines fault , they use FRA Port Services for there assistance - never been good but getting worse.

Unfortunately I cannot walk long distance , but due to 3 hour layover in FRA , the FRA services rank me as low priority - hence it took 2 hours from aircraft to Bus Lounge , no time for food , drink , bathroom anything !

Lufthansa need to do something about who they employ for their services and also how they prioritize. For me , waiting 2 hours in a cold area , on my own , just because 'other' people have shorter connection times is unnaceptable !

Will move airline if doesn't improve

1  Thank SimonDonna2016
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Lufthansa are not a great airline, when things go wrong. Flights are usually delayed, I have flown with them a couple of years now regularly and always an issue of something, flight from frankfurt to london and vice versa are usually late. Ive had a duty free bag stolen (business class) there were 3 people in business class only! I forgot to pick up out of the locker as the flight was so late that i was in danger of missing a connecting flight, an escort met me at plane door and whisked me off in a car to the next flight, when i got on the flight i realized I contacted Lufthansa as soon as i got home, no bag found?? Sent details and pictures of products in it - months later no luck, communication was very bad, it was impossible for it to have gone missing. Another flight i spent 3 days holed up in Kuwait as the flight was grounded due to weather! Hotel very nice etc but NO communication from the airline! They booked me a flight out on the second night....but hotel or I did not know, they had failed to inform anyone of the flight they had booked!! It was only checking my app that i saw it.....too late. So they re booked for the following day...via Bahrain.. I was so distrusting that I told them I would fly to Bahrain and make my own way from Bahrain to KSA! I then got some strange phone calls for compensation they wanted to give me of 100 euros - what a joke! 4 phone calls - then the woman said they couldn't refund to anything but a Euro account.......????? Didn't hear back - 2 months later - I sent a very angry email to them about this - demanding payment of 200 euros for all the bad service (200 euros won't bother them!) Next day I got a reply apologizing and the money paid to my EURO account that week. Doesn't excuse the bad service! NOW my husband has a flight tonight....and has gone to check in online to be told sorry flight delayed??? no email, no message nothing. Don't use Lufthansa plenty of other airlines out there!

Date of travel: November 2018