“Primium is very comfortable”
Review of LOT Polish Airlines

Reviewed 20 September 2018

The fly was postponed 2 hours because of technical problems.
After start everything went smoothly and in Primium Economy I was treated very well with food and drinks .

Date of travel: September 2018
Write a ReviewReviews (3,175)

Reviewed 20 September 2018 via mobile

This was first and last time i took this airline. They totally spoiled my vacation, lost my luggage and have 0 level of responsibility. I wonder how theyve appeared in star alliance.

Reviewed 20 September 2018

First time flying LOT. LCA-WAW was standard European Business class. Not thrilled with the 03:40 departure time. WAW-LAX was on a Boeing 787 Dreamliner. Very comfy seat, was able to get some sleep. Food was great. Could not fault the service. Definitely worth the price. Last trip from LCA-JFK was on Air Serbia (an Etihad partner) but the price had gone up this year and the service was not that great. LOT offered a great price and I was happily pleased with the entire experience. My only complaint would be that the video screen is in the back of the seat in front of you and for a person with impaired vision (I wear contacts but take them out on the plane due to the dry air) it was difficult to see what was on offer from far away in the seat (yeah, I know - 1st world problems).

• Legroom
    • In-flight entertainment (WiFi, TV, films)
    • Value for money
1  Thank Roseannesh
Reviewed 19 September 2018

Do not be put off by the visible propellers on these aircraft. The flight was really smooth, the seats comfortable with more leg room than is sometimes the case and all with a complimentary hot drink and chocolate biscuit. Took me back a number of years.

• Value for money
Reviewed 19 September 2018

I flew LOT because it had a much better price than the Austrian - of course, with a stopover. LOT doesn't have baggage drop-off, so despite being checked in and having an electronic boarding pass, I had to wait and hour and a half to be checked in again. The ground crew in LA, was the nicest of all of the LOT employees along the whole way. Flight attendants on both flights were efficient and polite but seemingly without joy in their day and the desire to go an extra mile. My food (vegan) was ok - the first meal was tasty, the second just rice and tomato sauce.

It was the delays that pushed the final score of this review down the most. I realize that delays are an inevitable part of flying here and there. However, LOT flights that day all without a fail seemed to be delayed, and not only minutes but hours to the point where many travelers had missed their connections and inccured additional hours of travel.

Our flight from LA had a delay of 2 and a half hours, hour of which was made up back in air. Despite promises that it will wait the extra needed 15 minutes, our connecting flight in Warsaw took of without a group of us, leaving us scrambling and running only to watch the plane pull off from the gate. We were rebooked onto a flight 3 hours later and given a $13 voucher for food at the airport.

Then the new flight ended up delayed by over another hour. Waiting there I overheard several passengers sitting near me telling similar stories of missing their previous connections, some even being rerouted through an extra flight to get to their destinations due to delays. All the while we weren't informed about the delay other than seeing it on the display at the gate, incrementally growing each 10 to 20 minutes. When asked, the ground crew seemed bothered and said that there were operational issues, and it took them 45 minutes to make an actual announcement without an apology.

All in all, it happens, I got to my destination in one piece and so did my luggage. But, all of the delays caused me to miss my last possible ground transportation to my final destination, adding more nuisance and cost to my journey.

• Legroom
    • In-flight entertainment (WiFi, TV, films)