“Smooth and friendly”
Review of KLM Royal Dutch Airlines

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Smooth boarding. Very friendly and helpful stewards. I did not make a chair reservation because it did not matter to me where I was seated. However, I did expect that when you have one booking for 2 persons, KLM would have these persons seated next to each other. But there where 20 rows between us! On the way back we did have seats next to each other. Good choice of movies to watch on the long flight. Diner and snacks are of good taste and quality. Only on the way back, the choice of food for breakfast was very odd. It was a n evening meal: Curry-Potatoes with some kind of vegetable-meat saus.... For breakfast I'd rather have a croissant with jam or some bread with crumbled eggs. Just remembered one strange thing: when coffee was served, a few people where asked if they liked to have a likeur or brandy with it. I'd liked a brandy with my coffee, but I did not get the question or opportunity to ask for it. Very strange.

• Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Write a ReviewReviews (22,018)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

To me KLM is a legend. I will fly with it for ever. Done many trips around the globe. Travelled with kids as a young mother and now as a senior. But this instance where I travelled from Amsterdam to NY was shocking. The stewardess assumed many things about me starting from the fact that I did not drink champagne, I did not eat veal did not want coffee. She basically treated me very poorly. I felt she had an issue at home that she responded very crudely and matronly. No courtesy and finess what so ever. She never even responded to the call button. She assumed I was asleep she said but she never asked me why I called. If I were to compare with the crew from COLOMBO to Amsterdam it is like heaven and earth. They were the best as usual.

1  Thank indirakah
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I can not recommend KLM enough.
My girlfriend and I had a very early flight (6am). We were tired and we were not looking forward to the whole airport checkin process, luggage transfer, waiting for the bags to arrive, etc.
How pleasantly surprised we were when the airport staff notified us that the plane was full and we could not take our hand luggages in. So we left our bags in the hands of KLM who was tasked to deliver them at our arrival airport.
And they commited, and they overdelivered! They went the extra mile and sent us a text message to let us know our luggage was delayed. We went to the baggage claim and the staff asked us to choose where the late baggages have to be delievered.
No stress for our transit from the aiport to our hotel. No need to keep a close look on our bags while riding on the bus.
Thank you KLM!

Ps : Everything else went fine and I recommend KLM. I just had to laugh at the situation :)

1  Thank Pastachoute
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Everyone knows about the quality of Dutch workmanship and their attention to detail. I have taken flights with KLM in coach class in the past and thought the service and treatment were great, but then traveling on KLM in business class take on a new dimension of service, from the interior of the cabin to the staff and food service were above and beyond what I have seen in US & some other airlines.
The Airport in Amsterdam where I had a lay over had several lounges that were well staffed and stocked with amenities, showers, smoking room etc.

Date of travel: October 2018
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Boarding was fast and efficient...flight departed slightly earlier than scheduled...great safe flight as arrived half an hour early too! Fantastic.