“MARVELLOUS STAFF”
Review of Japan Airlines (JAL)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

What I admired most about Japan Airlines (JAL) was their staff. Whether it be at the check-in, at the gate or in the cabin they were all wonderful. Kind courteous and helpful. It makes me wonder why other airlines can’t be like JAL. Their inflight meals weren’t great and movies on offer were not good either. But these minor deficiencies were all overshadowed by marvellous hospitality shown by the staff!

Their website is not user friendly and online check in was impossible. If JAL can rectify these shortcomings they could easily be one of the top airlines in the world!

Date of travel: November 2018
Write a ReviewReviews (6,290)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Flight Attendants were very attentive to our needs. The food was awesome. Flight was smooth even though we were seated at the back.

Date of travel: October 2018
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I flew business class from Guangzhou (CAN) to Tokyo (HND) on Japan Airlines (JAL). The flight was on a Boeing 787. I selected JAL based on lowest price (excellent value for money) for the business class airfare, time of day departure, and the non-stop, direct service. I departed from Guangzhou instead of Shenzhen, as the price was less by about 1,000 rmb. My seat was very comfortable and roomy, and the cabin service was impeccable, very friendly, Japanese-graceful, attentive and helpful. The food quality was very good and the portion just right for me. In-flight entertainment options were average.

• Food and Beverage
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
7  Thank KodoDrummer
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

this is our first experience with JAL. we expect good service simply because it is a japanese airlines. but the services we received are beyond our expectations. flight attendants are friendly and cheerful. cabin is clean and comfortable. food and beverage is ample and delicious. this made our 12-hour flight from LHR to HND totally pleasant and enjoyable. we look forward to another flight with JAL. highly recommended.

Date of travel: October 2018
    • Food and Beverage
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
1  Thank wcthoo
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

The Sakura Lounge (Level 2) at Narita International Airport was huge and the service & amenities were awesome. Plenty of beverages & snacks. Best place to chill until my flight (Gate 93 - JL 711) was ready for boarding.

My seat (20K) was already prepped with an amenity kit, a blanket, a pillow and noise canceling headphones. I definitely enjoyed the nice headphones, since I didn't have one myself. The amenity kit was great for a short red-eye flight. I also got slippers & a shoehorn. The entertainment selection was up-to-date and had Western & Asian options.

The seats had a comfortable, adjustable headrest & a padded seatbelt. I had a ton of leg room, a leg rest, an adjustable footrest, and a center divider for some privacy! I've never sat in an airline seat with so many footrest options. The seat was also wide & instead of reclining backward it reclined forward so that it doesn't disturb the person sitting behind me. Cabin crew was attentive & friendly.

JAL Premium Economy seats were a huge upgrade from the economy seats. I have sat in JAL economy seats and the Premium Economy seats were a million times better.

I would definitely fly JAL Premium Economy again.