“Gol, a company that doesn't like pets or respect customers”
Review of GOL Airlines

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I had a terrible experience with Gol when travelling with 2 pets (cats), I bought 2 special seats, they call "Gol Conforto" to have more space between the seats, so I could acommodate my cats better and during the checkin they said that the seats were confirmed, but when I was boarding, the attendant said that my seats were changed to common seats and I asked why and they didn't even care... They just changed without telling me, without refunding my money and even during the flight, the flight attendants treated my pets as if they were monsters, asking me and my friend to keep the container closed all the time, the cats couldn't even put the head out, 2 small cats in a 3 and a half hour flight and I wonder how flight attendants can be so horrible?

To get my money back, I had to call Gol's customer service several times, when I got them to help me, I had to wait 40 minutes on the line and then the attendant told me that I would be refunded within 7 calendar days... After 10 days I had no response, I had to make a complaint on consumidor.gov and only then did they respond and refund my money, a company that is quick to make changes that harm the customer without even informing, but very slow to give back the money.

So this is a warning for you that wants to travel with pets, DO NOT FLIGHT WITH GOL if you don't want to have a miserable experience.

Date of travel: May 2024

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

They canceled the flight. They gave us a hotel to spend the night. The hotel was 2.5 hours away from the airport. By the time got there it was already time to come back to the airport. Why would they do such as stupid move when you many airports around the airport.

Date of travel: December 2023
1  Thank Luis R
Reviewed 28 March 2024

My family chose this company because it offered a direct flight from Orlando to Brasilia (Brazil). We chose the Economy Plus because it allowed us to choose our seats (our family of three wanted to seat together). On the day of our departure we found out we were seated separately, my husband and my son were assigned aisle seats in different rows, and I was seated in the middle seat in yet another row. We bought our seats 3.5 months before!! The justification? “Sorry, that’s all we have left”. At the end, they placed us together in the last few aisles of the airplane. On that same day I insisted they would confirm our seats were still the same (seats 10 D, E and F) on our return flight, they said yes. Just to find out upon checking in that once again we were placed on aisle 27!! The justification? “Maybe they changed the aircraft, sorry, that’s all we have left”. Seats are cheap, no space for your legs, no Wi-Fi, no entertainment. A long flight to Brazil, and that’s how they treat their customers. Warning: they place all passengers with small children from aisles 28 to 33, so be prepared for the noise and kicks in your seats. Horrible experience, I would rather take three connections next time.

Reviewed 27 March 2024

Lack of information of employee that make cliente miss of fly, disinformation and anger toward client . I travel from NY to Londrina, and I have bad experiences in GRU and LDB. Employee and supervisor are very anger people

Reviewed 17 March 2024

The flight wasn't too bad, but the woman dispatching luggage at desk 23, which was supposed to be priority/ premium, was terrible. Super slow, not friendly, not helpful.

• Check-in and boarding
Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.