“If someone want to miss a fly and receive anger treatment fly with goal”
Review of GOL Airlines

Reviewed 27 March 2024

Lack of information of employee that make cliente miss of fly, disinformation and anger toward client . I travel from NY to Londrina, and I have bad experiences in GRU and LDB. Employee and supervisor are very anger people

• In-flight Entertainment

Reviewed 17 March 2024

The flight wasn't too bad, but the woman dispatching luggage at desk 23, which was supposed to be priority/ premium, was terrible. Super slow, not friendly, not helpful.

Reviewed 11 March 2024

Landed at connecting airport CNF and flight was cancelled with no notification whatsoever. I was checked in, Gol has my details, no email, no SME. They rebooked me without contacting me to a different airlines with a longer layover and an additional connection. I even paid for seat selection. No one at airport to assist. No one picks up the phone. Worst airlines.

1  Thank DracarysGOT
Reviewed 8 March 2024

I travel quite a bit, and am pretty used to riding the rollercoaster that can often accompany booking flights, changing flights, delays, etc. and I’m laid back enough to just roll with it most of the time, however my most recent flight with GOL airlines was so frustrating, I must stress to others, especially parents of small children AVOID this airline.

As mentioned in other reviews the website functionality is terrible and they change flight times constantly. I know this, because I have flown with them several times, and not a single time have I made a round trip without some change. Unfortunately, options to smaller states/cities domestically are limited, and given our final destination, after arriving to Sao Paulo via Air Canada, GOL had the best connecting flight, however, in future I will make sure I book with a different airline.

The crux of the issue, I was travelling with my 1.5 year old son, for whom we purchased a seat, so that he could fly more comfortably and safely in his car seat. To use a car seat on a flight the website says you must contact in advance to have your car seat specifications verified, we did this and the child must have a paid seat purchased for them, again we did this.
Upon arrival at check in, we were told that we could not have seats together, not only could they not get us three seats together, they could not put even two of us together, theoretically, according to their system expecting a 1.5 year old to fly in a row with strangers, the closest parent would be 10 rows back. The agent helping us told us this apologetically, obviously understanding himself that this was not an acceptable situation. We waited at check in, for over 45 minutes, while he talked to multiple supervisors, eventually, we were told to go through security (our boarding time was approaching) and they would ask someone to move seats at the gate.
When we got to the gate, we waited again, while almost the entire plan was boarded finally, verbally being told to take seats in the back. Our original boarding passes were taken, and we were not given new ones. Finally on the plane seated and strapped in, a supervisor approaches us, to tell us that the car seat cannot be used, despite following protocol there was another issue with the system on their end and we must check it, or take a later flight, which would cause us to miss our connecting flight. At this time we were already in the seats, car seat installed, baby strapped in. Every parent who has travelled with a young child knows this is a herculean feat and to be told this now, maximized the existing frustration.
We were assured if we agreed to check the car seat we would be refunded for the cost of the seat. Already unimpressed by the level of disorganization, we asked, how to we ensure this happens. What accountability is there, that what you are telling us now will actually happen? We were told you can lodge the request on the website, and visit customer service upon landing. So, again, we followed the directions and did this.
Upon landing in Sao Paulo and visiting customer service to confirm this we not only told that there was nothing to be done, they started by telling us we didn’t actually have a booking for the flight had just got off of, then that changed to we didn’t actually pay for the seat, they gave it to us for free because there was room on the plane (which notably there was very little of, given the battle to find us our seats, and despite having the booking and reference with details of the purchase) eventually, the agent just said, there is nothing you can do, you don’t have boarding passes (they took them), we can’t find the booking details (our email as proof wasn’t sufficient) and that was the end of it. We still made it to our destination, so being out the money, and the massive frustration is at the end of the day, just that, frustrating. We are safely home, but as a parent travelling with a small child, this level of disorganization, and casual approach to their safety and comfort, is a position I will never put myself in again.

• In-flight Entertainment
Reviewed 24 February 2024

Avoid this airline! Website functionality is terrible. Customer service is terrible. Had an itinerary change(GOL changed it) months before travel and they didn’t reissue the tickets causing the original flight details to be what was available at the airport during check-in. After multiple conversations, denial of responsibility, and hanging up on us 3 times, we finally got someone to fix the mistake. After finally flying, bags were left at the new layover airport. Upon arrival missing bags were reported and we could only take a picture of the paperwork(couldn’t have copies). The following day when the bags were supposed to be recovered we’re told they can’t find the bags. Absolute disaster….

Date of travel: February 2024
1  Thank Wesley T
Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.