“JUST DONT GOL”
Review of GOL Airlines

Reviewed 24 February 2024

Avoid this airline! Website functionality is terrible. Customer service is terrible. Had an itinerary change(GOL changed it) months before travel and they didn’t reissue the tickets causing the original flight details to be what was available at the airport during check-in. After multiple conversations, denial of responsibility, and hanging up on us 3 times, we finally got someone to fix the mistake. After finally flying, bags were left at the new layover airport. Upon arrival missing bags were reported and we could only take a picture of the paperwork(couldn’t have copies). The following day when the bags were supposed to be recovered we’re told they can’t find the bags. Absolute disaster….

Date of travel: February 2024
1  Thank Wesley T

Reviewed 6 February 2024

This was my second experience flying with GOL. A low-cost airline attracts all sorts, from the most humble who saved carefully to fly, to the most affluent who preserve their hard-earned money. On the plane, I was warmly greeted by Jonatan, a cabin crew member. "Hi again! You were on the Brasilia flight". Then he turned to my daughter and said: "You are travelling together! Welcome aboard!" On holiday in Brazil, travelling from New Zealand, I just can't be bothered memorising the crew's names and faces. But Jonatan can remember his passengers for a simple reason: he deeply cares about them. I started observing him and realising how caring he is, a proactive type you'd want to be served by. I noticed him interacting with a client offering water for his dry throat, cracking up a joke here and there, and always smiling, asking if we needed anything else and always ready to listen. I had the impression he could read people's. emotions and act on them immediately. He's the kind that bends backwards to make a trip fun and comfortable. He cared about each one of his passengers and starting a journey at around 2 am was no drama. Jonatan looked happy, fresh, and keen to be there, assisting us all as if it were 9-5 business hours. He showed a remarkable, contagious passion for his job. I wasn't impressed with GOL's flight delays, but a person like Jonatan does make up for the shortcomings of a budget airline. I very much appreciate and hope to ve served by Jonatan over and over again..

Date of travel: February 2024
1  Thank 284marissad
Reviewed 26 January 2024

If possible, avoid this airline!! The flight was oversold and I got bumped. How can that be when I bought my ticket 8mos in advance? Also, that explains why there is no online checkin. In addition, it took an hour and 15min to checkin. The agents are talking too much; others don’t have their stuff together. The agents move terribly slow. American Airlines should have never partnered with this company. Also, The agents tried to offer me money to take a later flight. I refused. They ended up seating me on the flight that I booked and paid for only because I had a connecting flight. But please, DO NOT FLY GOL!! Service is unorganized and a bit chaotic.

Date of travel: January 2024
1  Thank Michelletravels1972
Reviewed 26 January 2024

Worst airline ever, they cancelled our flight and rescheduled six days later. The hotel they gave us was in a really dangerous zone, and didn’t gave us the voucher for the taxi. Wouldn’t recommend it in a thousand years.

Date of travel: January 2024
Reviewed 19 January 2024

Love these guys!!
Our luggage was lost in the hand off from AA to GOL in Orlando.
Between the 2 of them they got us our luggage 3 days later.

The flight crew were very good pilots. Landings were smooth. flights on time or a tad early.
Cabin crew was very kind and helpful.
Food was great!

I would recommend this airline to everyone!!

Date of travel: December 2023
    • Check-in and boarding
Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.