“Jonatan - a heart warming experience with a talented GOL'S crew member”
Review of GOL Airlines

Reviewed 6 February 2024

This was my second experience flying with GOL. A low-cost airline attracts all sorts, from the most humble who saved carefully to fly, to the most affluent who preserve their hard-earned money. On the plane, I was warmly greeted by Jonatan, a cabin crew member. "Hi again! You were on the Brasilia flight". Then he turned to my daughter and said: "You are travelling together! Welcome aboard!" On holiday in Brazil, travelling from New Zealand, I just can't be bothered memorising the crew's names and faces. But Jonatan can remember his passengers for a simple reason: he deeply cares about them. I started observing him and realising how caring he is, a proactive type you'd want to be served by. I noticed him interacting with a client offering water for his dry throat, cracking up a joke here and there, and always smiling, asking if we needed anything else and always ready to listen. I had the impression he could read people's. emotions and act on them immediately. He's the kind that bends backwards to make a trip fun and comfortable. He cared about each one of his passengers and starting a journey at around 2 am was no drama. Jonatan looked happy, fresh, and keen to be there, assisting us all as if it were 9-5 business hours. He showed a remarkable, contagious passion for his job. I wasn't impressed with GOL's flight delays, but a person like Jonatan does make up for the shortcomings of a budget airline. I very much appreciate and hope to ve served by Jonatan over and over again..

Date of travel: February 2024
1  Thank 284marissad

Reviewed 26 January 2024

If possible, avoid this airline!! The flight was oversold and I got bumped. How can that be when I bought my ticket 8mos in advance? Also, that explains why there is no online checkin. In addition, it took an hour and 15min to checkin. The agents are talking too much; others don’t have their stuff together. The agents move terribly slow. American Airlines should have never partnered with this company. Also, The agents tried to offer me money to take a later flight. I refused. They ended up seating me on the flight that I booked and paid for only because I had a connecting flight. But please, DO NOT FLY GOL!! Service is unorganized and a bit chaotic.

Date of travel: January 2024
1  Thank Michelletravels1972
Reviewed 26 January 2024

Worst airline ever, they cancelled our flight and rescheduled six days later. The hotel they gave us was in a really dangerous zone, and didn’t gave us the voucher for the taxi. Wouldn’t recommend it in a thousand years.

Date of travel: January 2024
Reviewed 19 January 2024

Love these guys!!
Our luggage was lost in the hand off from AA to GOL in Orlando.
Between the 2 of them they got us our luggage 3 days later.

The flight crew were very good pilots. Landings were smooth. flights on time or a tad early.
Cabin crew was very kind and helpful.
Food was great!

I would recommend this airline to everyone!!

Date of travel: December 2023
Reviewed 13 December 2023

I have traveled globally over 1.4 million miles and never had such disappointing experience like with GOL airlines.

On our inbound fight to Montevideo from São Paulo, they had us sit in the airplane for almost 1:30 hours, at times without any AC. Because they overbooked the fight and the plane had mechanical issues. The boarding processes were completely disorganized too, basically the people that pushed the most got in first. However, some of the brave fight attendants under the circumstances, did the best to help.

The outbound flight was even worse, requested a wheelchair for my injured wife and they basically abandoned us in the airplane, coming out the airplane down the stair ramp, in the transfer bus, and with security. I total nightmare for an older couple, with one that could not walk and luggage. American Airlines was a complete different experience, with the wheelchair and airport service, I don’t understand why GOL is partners with them, they do not honor or have any business class baggage allowances too. If you fight business class, stay away from this airline, they don’t honor or care for you.

My experience is not to use different airlines in long international fights. Unfortunately, I didn’t had a chance to completely check this fight schedule, booked by my daughter, until it was too late and paid for.

Date of travel: December 2023
    • Check-in and boarding
Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.