“WORST AIRLINE EVER”
Review of GOL Airlines

Reviewed 26 January 2024

Worst airline ever, they cancelled our flight and rescheduled six days later. The hotel they gave us was in a really dangerous zone, and didn’t gave us the voucher for the taxi. Wouldn’t recommend it in a thousand years.

Date of travel: January 2024

Reviewed 19 January 2024

Love these guys!!
Our luggage was lost in the hand off from AA to GOL in Orlando.
Between the 2 of them they got us our luggage 3 days later.

The flight crew were very good pilots. Landings were smooth. flights on time or a tad early.
Cabin crew was very kind and helpful.
Food was great!

I would recommend this airline to everyone!!

Date of travel: December 2023
Reviewed 13 December 2023

I have traveled globally over 1.4 million miles and never had such disappointing experience like with GOL airlines.

On our inbound fight to Montevideo from São Paulo, they had us sit in the airplane for almost 1:30 hours, at times without any AC. Because they overbooked the fight and the plane had mechanical issues. The boarding processes were completely disorganized too, basically the people that pushed the most got in first. However, some of the brave fight attendants under the circumstances, did the best to help.

The outbound flight was even worse, requested a wheelchair for my injured wife and they basically abandoned us in the airplane, coming out the airplane down the stair ramp, in the transfer bus, and with security. I total nightmare for an older couple, with one that could not walk and luggage. American Airlines was a complete different experience, with the wheelchair and airport service, I don’t understand why GOL is partners with them, they do not honor or have any business class baggage allowances too. If you fight business class, stay away from this airline, they don’t honor or care for you.

My experience is not to use different airlines in long international fights. Unfortunately, I didn’t had a chance to completely check this fight schedule, booked by my daughter, until it was too late and paid for.

Date of travel: December 2023
Reviewed 8 December 2023

I would give ZERO if I can. They denied my boarding without any reason simply due to IT problem that they couldn't check in my flight. I had never seen a more ridiculous reason. Their customer service in Sao Paolo airport could barely speak English. Very unprofessional. After 10 months, I still haven't receive any feedback or compensation.

Date of travel: January 2023
Reviewed 25 November 2023

By far some of the worst customer service I've ever encountered. Gol canceled the first portion of my flight home and to replace it they gave me a taxi-voucher to another airport to catch a flight that left 5 hours later. As it was a much later flight, they also gave me a food voucher which could only be used at one restaurant and whose value was so low that I only had two options and couldn't get anything to drink. Throughout the entire expense, they never apologized for the inconvenience.

Date of travel: November 2023
    • Check-in and boarding
Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.