“Unprofessional and disorganized service.”
Review of GOL Airlines

Reviewed 13 December 2023

I have traveled globally over 1.4 million miles and never had such disappointing experience like with GOL airlines.

On our inbound fight to Montevideo from São Paulo, they had us sit in the airplane for almost 1:30 hours, at times without any AC. Because they overbooked the fight and the plane had mechanical issues. The boarding processes were completely disorganized too, basically the people that pushed the most got in first. However, some of the brave fight attendants under the circumstances, did the best to help.

The outbound flight was even worse, requested a wheelchair for my injured wife and they basically abandoned us in the airplane, coming out the airplane down the stair ramp, in the transfer bus, and with security. I total nightmare for an older couple, with one that could not walk and luggage. American Airlines was a complete different experience, with the wheelchair and airport service, I don’t understand why GOL is partners with them, they do not honor or have any business class baggage allowances too. If you fight business class, stay away from this airline, they don’t honor or care for you.

My experience is not to use different airlines in long international fights. Unfortunately, I didn’t had a chance to completely check this fight schedule, booked by my daughter, until it was too late and paid for.

Date of travel: December 2023

Reviewed 8 December 2023

I would give ZERO if I can. They denied my boarding without any reason simply due to IT problem that they couldn't check in my flight. I had never seen a more ridiculous reason. Their customer service in Sao Paolo airport could barely speak English. Very unprofessional. After 10 months, I still haven't receive any feedback or compensation.

Date of travel: January 2023
Reviewed 25 November 2023

By far some of the worst customer service I've ever encountered. Gol canceled the first portion of my flight home and to replace it they gave me a taxi-voucher to another airport to catch a flight that left 5 hours later. As it was a much later flight, they also gave me a food voucher which could only be used at one restaurant and whose value was so low that I only had two options and couldn't get anything to drink. Throughout the entire expense, they never apologized for the inconvenience.

Date of travel: November 2023
Reviewed 28 October 2023

They lost our luggage for the third time already, I do not recommend to choose this airline at all. The check-in at GRU Sao Paolo was absolutely chaotic, people were shouting around and oversized luggages were all over the place…

Date of travel: October 2023
Reviewed 27 October 2023

In May 2023 i bought a flight for me and my family to travel from Denver CO to Fortaleza, Brazil and return.
On Oct 18th i received an email from GOL airlines (attached) saying that my flight was modified.
I checked the modification and i noticed that my flight from Miami to Fortaleza is no longer direct but is via Brasilia.
Obviously i am not ok with that change and i called the customer service number.
I talked to someone and all they could tell me was that the direct flight 7733 is no longer available when it actually is on the website.
I think what GOL is doing is not legal, i bought the ticket long time before for a reason and they cannot change my itinerary giving me very bad options 2 months before the trip.
This is not right and DOT should step in as this is affecting American passengers as GOL is doing business in the US and this should not be allowed.

Date of travel: October 2023
1  Thank I1517BNfedericob
Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.