“they keep losing our luggage”
Review of GOL Airlines

Reviewed 28 October 2023

They lost our luggage for the third time already, I do not recommend to choose this airline at all. The check-in at GRU Sao Paolo was absolutely chaotic, people were shouting around and oversized luggages were all over the place…

Reviewed 27 October 2023

In May 2023 i bought a flight for me and my family to travel from Denver CO to Fortaleza, Brazil and return.
On Oct 18th i received an email from GOL airlines (attached) saying that my flight was modified.
I checked the modification and i noticed that my flight from Miami to Fortaleza is no longer direct but is via Brasilia.
Obviously i am not ok with that change and i called the customer service number.
I talked to someone and all they could tell me was that the direct flight 7733 is no longer available when it actually is on the website.
I think what GOL is doing is not legal, i bought the ticket long time before for a reason and they cannot change my itinerary giving me very bad options 2 months before the trip.
This is not right and DOT should step in as this is affecting American passengers as GOL is doing business in the US and this should not be allowed.

1  Thank I1517BNfedericob
Reviewed 21 October 2023

Had a connecting flight from sao Paolo to Salvador but Gol had overbooked the flight so we couldn’t get on the flight although we were at the gate at the time of boarding! Gol had rebooked us for another flight on the next day which meant we had to queue at Gol customer service desk for 1.5h in the middle of the night, they offered us to stay at a hotel 1.5h away from the airport where we could sleep for 4h and then we would have to catch their bus back to the airport at 8am! We chose to book our own hotel room at the airport as we didn’t want to spend all that time sitting on the bus with minimal sleep. They gave us a voucher for breakfast which didn’t even cover the price of the food, we had to pay R35 for some crappy bakery food! Extremely annoyed about this whole ordeal, missing our hotel reservation in Salvador, having to pay extra to sleep in a bunk bed in a tiny room at the airport, standing in the queue, and on top of that rude staff who could not speak any English.

Reviewed 28 August 2023

We booked with GOL specifically because they were the only carrier that flew direct from Miami to Manaus. We had no problem with the website and I paid for Economy Plus seats. A few weeks before we left I recieved an email that said the 6 hour flight would now be 13 because we needed to make a connection in Brasilia. They also moved the flight to a day earlier. Is this even legal? We had tickets to go from Chicago to Miami on American and I had to beg them to allow us to change (and pay $150 change fee). When we boarded our Plus seats were gone (so I paid for them and was not refunded) and we had two miserable flights crammed in one of the last rows of a completely packed flight.

Date of travel: August 2023
3  Thank kroberts0525
Reviewed 19 August 2023

Worst airline website and app I have ever encountered. Impossible to check in, buy luggage space etc. How hard can it be to create a functioning check in service? Every other airline company in the world manages to do so.

Date of travel: August 2023
3  Thank Jmobrux
Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.