“Bait and Switch”
Review of GOL Airlines

Reviewed 28 August 2023

We booked with GOL specifically because they were the only carrier that flew direct from Miami to Manaus. We had no problem with the website and I paid for Economy Plus seats. A few weeks before we left I recieved an email that said the 6 hour flight would now be 13 because we needed to make a connection in Brasilia. They also moved the flight to a day earlier. Is this even legal? We had tickets to go from Chicago to Miami on American and I had to beg them to allow us to change (and pay $150 change fee). When we boarded our Plus seats were gone (so I paid for them and was not refunded) and we had two miserable flights crammed in one of the last rows of a completely packed flight.

Date of travel: August 2023
    • Seat comfort
    • Food and Beverage
    • Legroom
    • In-flight Entertainment
    • Value for money
3  Thank kroberts0525

Reviewed 19 August 2023

Worst airline website and app I have ever encountered. Impossible to check in, buy luggage space etc. How hard can it be to create a functioning check in service? Every other airline company in the world manages to do so.

Date of travel: August 2023
3  Thank Jmobrux
Reviewed 29 July 2023

The flight was delayed and eventually canceled. They offered a hotel which was 2 hours away from the airport, by the time I got to the hotel it was time to come back to the airport. Why would they use a hotel ( ibis) that is so far away from the airport. Who make this stupid decisions to save a little bit of money and damage the reputation of the airline? Avoid this airline. Instead use Azul

Date of travel: December 2022
1  Thank Luis R
Reviewed 14 July 2023

Gol is a very good airline!
the security was really fast and the plane was clean. The staff were friendly. Also, would recommend to other people

Date of travel: August 2022
    • Seat comfort
    • Food and Beverage
    • Legroom
    • In-flight Entertainment
    • Value for money
1  Thank jacobsU2433GH
Reviewed 1 July 2023

The worst experience I have ever had with a company!!! The website does not work to purchase luggage and it does not work to do the check in. I had to call them 6, SIX, different times to try and purchase luggage and they hung up on me every time. I would never recommend this company to anyone and am so disappointed.

Date of travel: June 2023
3  Thank Stephanie F
Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.