“Unreliable airline”
Review of GOL Airlines

Reviewed 27 December 2022

They cancelled our flight to sell them for more money. The only country where I have experienced this. Totally outrageous.

• Seat comfort
    • Food and Beverage
    • Legroom
    • In-flight Entertainment
    • Check-in and boarding
1  Thank Chris202286

Reviewed 21 December 2022

This was one of the worst flights I've ever taken. The staff at GRU airport lied to us and didn't know how to speak English. It was a problem to us as we were trying to figure out where was the boarding gate/line for our flight. Cabin crew and ground staff were NOT helpful at all and spoke Portuguese throughout the flight.

When I entered the cabin, I was surprised to find out it had been operated by an older 737-800NG and not the MAX 8. This aircraft did not provide seat outlets/usb/inflight entertainment. Aircraft was dirty and speakers were really loud, especially when people were talking into it.

Good thing this flight only took 40 minutes...

• Seat comfort
    • Food and Beverage
    • Legroom
    • In-flight Entertainment
    • Check-in and boarding
Reviewed 19 December 2022

The flight itself was ok for a low cost carrier. The seat in premium economy has good space and service was also ok.

However they lost my luggage and that was the beginning of a never ending nightmare. They never replied when I asked them about my luggage, so I was completely in a black box and had no idea if and when my luggage will arrive. This is not very convenient when you travel to a country with limited options to buy things. I spent more than one day only to shop the basic things. Thanks god it finally arrived after three days. However when I claimed for a compensation because I had to buy many products for the three days without luggage, they did and still do everything possible not to pay. They give you wrong information, they never reply your email etc. as they know the amount is not big enough for a law suit they couldn’t care less.
This is really a scam, they will lose many customers with this attitude.

So conclusion is, avoid this airline at all costs. They are not honest and they do not care, even for their premium customers…

Date of travel: October 2022
2  Thank TandTSwitzerland
Reviewed 17 December 2022

I booked a flight back in May 2022 to fly from Curitiba to Rio de Janeiro on Feb. 23, 2023 for six people and I wanted to add seat assignment and pay for luggage. I have tried to do that on GOL website and their app many times and it failed. Everything seems to work fine until I get to the payment which does not go through. I also called the customer service center 1-855-862-9190 many times and was put on hold for 30 minutes at a time with no avail. I am so frustrated and being to think this company is a shame and will never consider it for future travel.
Translation.

Reviewed 15 December 2022

For all the people who complain about GOL, what you have to realize is that it is a Brazilian airline that is run by Brazilians. Brazilians in general are not organized, they get paid very little and they’re not inclined to work hard for what they get paid. So if your expectations are that the airline is going to run like something from Germany or the United States, you will be disappointed. Be prepared to stay on top of everything concerning your reservation, and even then, there will probably be an issue that requires you to argue with the airline staff. Always go over the ticket agent’s head and ask for a supervisor and try to be friendly. It’s almost impossible for them to get fired so they really don’t care if you’re mad or not. Good luck!

1  Thank C6457TUrobertl
Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.