“Scandi heaven ”
Review of Finnair

Reviewed 3 May 2018 via mobile

Pure scandi heaven. The business class seat on the A350 was extremely comfortable with the fully flat bed very nice to sleep on. The food was all delicious, the TV was massive with a great selection for 10 hours. The staff were Chinese though - not Finnish (might sound silly but having staff not even knowing Finnish is a bit silly). Compared to Cathay for example, Finnair was more comfortable in that you could reach out to the foot rest easily. Cathay has more storage but Finnair has a giant compartment under your arm rest which is good. The pricing for Finnair is GREAT for business class and value for money is brilliant. The loyalty program is also good.

• Value for money
Write a ReviewReviews (4,383)

Reviewed 2 May 2018

Loved the aircraft but staff on the Helsinki to Singapore leg lacked personality. The food was ordinary and would not consider this journey again. It gave me the opportunity to experience this new aircraft & service to Singapore but will fly a more direct route in future.

• Food and Beverage
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Reviewed 1 May 2018 via mobile

Though my first flight was delayed and couldnt catch the transit flight, the staff at transfer desk helped me immediately to arrange another latest flight. On the transit flight, as I ordered vegetarian meal before but due to the delay it was gone, so I told the cabin crew. The flight attendent said he would try best to arrange, and both dinner and breakfast be brought me vegetarian meals! Maybe its only a small thing, but it meant a lot to me! They really bear in mind what they promised to customer! Will definitely choose finnair again in the future!

Reviewed 1 May 2018

We chose to fly with Finnair from Budapest to Helsinki and then from Helsinki to Tokyo. There was relatively little time to change (two hours on the way there, one and a half on the way back) but everything went fine. We could follow our connecting flight's status while on the plane from Tokyo to Helsinki, which was great - even the gate number was indicated. Service was excellent and polite - flight attendants even tried calming down the little baby who was crying its head off for the best part of our flight (even though this would not be their responsibility...).

• Food and Beverage
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Reviewed 1 May 2018 via mobile

I must admit this airline grew on me. When I started working for my current company, I did not imagine I would fly with this airline consistently as it was the only one one offering direct SIN-HEL route.

Service is not spectacular like any 5 star airline, I must admit. However they are spectacularly reliable. I can rely on the fact they will recognize me on board, rely on the fact that as a platinum member I almost always get my business waitlist confirmed if I booked in advance, rely on the fact the food menu has the same Finnish touch, rely that they almost always make it on time (9 years flying, every two months, one return flight in average: I only had a flight cancellation once), and rely on the airport transit service.

The airline relies on local crew (SIN-HEL-SIN flight had Singaporean crew mostly) and this is really good for frequent fliers like me - I see recognizable faces on board.

I recommend this airline since they are affordable, reliable and without any drama.