“Brisbane to Nadi”
Review of Fiji Airways

Reviewed 15 November 2023

Flew with Fiji Airways return from Brisbane to Nadi.

On the way there the flight was good with quite a tasty meal of vegetarian with rice. The flight was completely full and it is a real gamble to use the bathroom when they are wheeling the food and drink carts along the cabin. I got stuck in the galley at the very back of the plane and the staff were hardly friendly back there.

The trip back was delayed by an hour or so which is no major problem. The food, however, was dreadful. It was breakfast and consisted of eggs, a sausage and a hash brown. It was basically cold, dry and inedible.

The in-flight entertainment was good. I was able to watch a show or two during the flight.

1  Thank James M

Reviewed 14 November 2023

The departures supervisor and Fiji airlines personal were rude and disrespectful the flight was changed due to a cyclone. They never notified us and when we got here try to blame us. We were told Australia requirements was , an ETA, a visa and because we didn’t have it we couldn’t have gotten in anyway. Our lack of a ETA didn’t change the flight the cyclone changed the flight schedule. We would have gotten on line and did what we needed to do for a visitor visa we would have only been there for 3 days. So off we go to Tokyo where there is no visa requirement with no help at all from the Fiji airlines departure area. So if you flying out of Fiji be ready for a Rude awakening and pack so patience.

Date of travel: October 2023
Reviewed 13 November 2023

DO NOT PAY EXTRA FOR SEAT SELECTION
My husband and I paid 80.00 cad for our seat selection in February for a flight scheduled to depart in November. Well in advance. They accepted our money and our seat choice. long story short, they changed planes and reassigned completely different seats to us. We paid for a two seat configuration bulk head, but we were changed to a three seat rows back , sharing with another passenger. We were never notified in advance nor given an option. We requested a refund but we were denied.
This was going against their own policy as the seats we received definitely did not fall under (B)
8. Refunds
You will be eligible for a full refund of the amount you paid for Seat Selection if:

(a) you cancel your Seat Selection more than 24 hours prior to the scheduled departure time, subject to your fare rules;

(b) for any reason your Seat Selection is not available and we are unable to seat you in an equivalent or better seat type;

(c) we transfer you to a flight not operated by Fiji Airways for operational reasons; or

(d) you have a fully refundable ticket and you request a refund of your ticket; in this case, we will refund both your ticket and any amounts paid for Seat Selection. In our case it falls under according to their own policy. Service was excellent on board

Reviewed 13 November 2023

Be aware when booking upgrades with Fiji. I was upgraded to business class using my #amex American Express. My American Express was charged for the upgrade. I checked in online a day before the flight and assigned a seat in business class. I was called hours before the my flight and told there was an “overflow” issue and I was downgraded to economy and they have assigned me a new seat. No explanation of why my seat assignment was assigned to another passenger. Since it was only several hours before my flight the plane was almost fully reserved and I was unable to pick a seat that was comfortable for me for an 11 hour flight. I asked to speak to a supervisor and was told by “Jan” that is assigned in the Fiji airport I could only email a complaint. Jan informed me I was reassigned to a seat in economy, I had no other options and my American Express card that was already charged would be refunded at some point. Terrible business practice. Beware #fijiairways #fiji #fijitourism #amex #americanexpressplatinum #americanexpress #travelfiji #travel

2  Thank briannab590
Reviewed 12 November 2023

Our flight to Nadi from LA was great too, but I wanted to focus on the return to SFO November 10, 2023, because of two special Fiji Airways employees. We tried unsuccessfully to get through security very early, so we asked Loveleena for help. She was so very nice and got us through in minutes so that we could enjoy the Premier Lounge. On board, Jeremiah was just as special to us as he pampered us throughout the flight in a very pleasant and personable way. There were many other great aspects of the flight, but the crew really stood out because of their helpfulness and truly remarkable sincerity. Fijians have an impressive and enviable culture. They treat everyone as if they're family. We need more of that in the US.

• Check-in and boarding
Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.