“NEVER fly with Etihad”
Review of Etihad Airways

Reviewed 29 May 2024

I will never book a trip again with Etihad. They cancelled my flight two weeks before the departure without any explanation or compensation. I booked my flight 3 month before so all the hotels and excursions were paid and we lost a lot of money. Is the first time this happen to me and I fly very often.

Reviewed 29 May 2024

Eithad is by far the most disrespectful company I've had to deal with
From ground staff to cabin crew
To actually physically damaging our pushchair baby chair and thinking they can give me 50usd to shout up about it

Boycott

Date of travel: March 2024
Reviewed 29 May 2024

I had booked Etihad offer of 04 days Stay under Etihad Stopover at Abudhabi program. I opted Grand Hyatt and had to pay for 02 days and 02 days were free under the offer. However, my flight is tomorrow and despite repeated queries till date I have no. confirmation from Etihad or Hyatt. Etihad customer care says Booking is confirmed but the link that they send shows waiting confirmation. When I checked with Hyatt they couldn't find any reservation on my name. This is may and rooms are available on other platforms. I checked social media (I should have checked before booking) I read that Etihad Abudhabi stopover program is completely a SCAM!! On top of it customer service is incompetent as I am. experiencing myself. Stay away from Etihad frivolous offers.

1  Thank Sudipji
Reviewed 29 May 2024

We specifically chose Etihad for its unique service. However, I was very disappointed. Firstly, the flight was replaced with an Air Seychelles one. Secondly, we were charged 12 times more than normal at the counter for 6 kg. I travel long-haul dozens of times a year, and unless a goodwill gesture is made, I do not plan to fly with this airline again, nor will I recommend it to others.

Reviewed 29 May 2024

Booked flight, and paid to reserve seats in advance as my travelling partner has particular requirements. This was a 1 stop flight. First flight went fine, but on boarding second flight we noticed that our seats had been changed to the back of aircraft, right beside the toilets. There was no change of aircraft size etc. When I approached the steward, they had no idea why I was moved - seemingly no operational reason.
On return I approached customer service to enquire as to: 1. Why I was moved, and 2. to process a refund for the seats. I was informed that i had to email the details and they would get back within 30 days. I'm still waiting. If there were operational reasons, and i was informed, I could accept this and take refund. But they just do not want to know about customers after they process your payment. I will never trust this airline again. They may as well just steal my wallet as I board. Avoid this company if you value honesty and customer focus. They are devoid of both.

Date of travel: March 2024
    • Check-in and boarding
Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.