“Etihad Airways Best Price Promise?!”
Review of Etihad Airways

Hello

Etihad Airways has a BEST PRICE PROMISE which means if you book via their website they shall match any price with the same flights etc.

We booked three roundtrip tickets for my wife and my 2 sons from Japan on the Etihad Airways website. Stating that they will match the price with third party websites, we felt peace of mind. Few hours later, I found the same flight on another website for significantly less (500 USD difference). We wanted to call Etihad agent in Japan about this issue, but it was late at night and they were closed, so we waited till the morning. On the call, Etihad customer service told us to submit a best price promise claim, stating there is no problem even if our booking was made more than 24 hours ago, so we did that and we provided all the documents and screenshots they asked, 10 days later, we get a reply from Etihad declining our claim due it being submitted later than their policy stating, that the claim should be submitted on the same day of the booking.

We were disappointed with the outcome, as the price difference is significant and Etihad agent stated it was ok to submit the claim at that time.

We wanted to book another ticket for me on Etihad, but after this tricky policy, I can’t trust booking with Etihad anymore.
According to their policy, you might only have few hours after the booking to submit a claim and if you want to confirm with an agent about terms and conditions, you might not have enough time to submit the claim. Best Price Promise is a catchy phrase, but you need to be very aware of all terms and conditions before you book on Etihad website.

Date of travel: May 2024
Etihadairways, Manager at Etihad Airways, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

I am sorry to hear that you have been given a wrong information by the Contact Centre agent. As part of the guidelines of the claim on our website, guests will have to submit the claim by 11:59pm (local time)
on the day of booking. Please visit this link for more information. If you have more questions, please send us a private message via our social media channels to assist you further. *Ikra

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Lost my previous account and miles.
Really disappointed. Easy to cancel my membership. Bad support from etihad team. Thank you

• Seat comfort
    • Food and Beverage
    • Legroom
    • In-flight Entertainment
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and boarding

I am sad to hear this, Hamad.

Can you please reach us out via our social media channels and we will do our best to assist you? *Ikra

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

My flight from Geneva to Abu Dhabi on Friday 8th March 2024 was cancelled due to a technical problem, so I decided to get a refund and to travel with another airline. On 10th March 2024, I raised a claim for a refund and for indemnisations, case 2403104088808.
Despite their commitment to reply within 30 days, despite the Swiss regulations and despite my calls to their service center, I haven't received an email since.
Such a poor customer service, from an airline that pretends to be a world class leader, is simply unacceptable. Even low cost airlines have better customer service than Etihad.
Avoid Etihad at all costs !

Date of travel: March 2024
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Etihad Guest Gold member has zero benefits and their customer service is the worst team I have come across. Nobody picks up the phone so you have to email them which takes 24 to 48 hours for a response. And when they do respond its as if you are communicating with a robot reading from a script. Zero Empathy. Emirates and other airline programs are way better than Etihad guest - I had a flight upgrade voucher which i wanted to use to ugrade my Milan to Abu Dhabi flight however i was told the voucher had expired by 2 days (which was partly due to difficulties getting through to their customer services team on the phone whilst the voucher was still valid and me forgetting to call them again due to a busy schedule). I explained the situation to their customer services team via email as again it was difficult to get through to them on the phone (was on hold for more than 15 mins before i gave up) and their response showed zero empathy and treated me like just a number. Very disappointed and won't be flying with Etihad again. Back to Emirates

1  Thank FelixSD2018
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I took a flight from Zayed International Airport (Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates) to Hamad International Airport (Doha, Qatar), and it was fantastic! The staff was nice, no delays, great legroom. Etihad Airways is my favorite airline! I would definitely fly again with the same airline.

Date of travel: April 2024
    • Seat comfort
    • Food and Beverage
    • Legroom
    • In-flight Entertainment
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and boarding

Hi Alansaari, thanks so much for your review and the great rating. We appreciate the love and preference given to Etihad. We look forward to welcoming you on board again very soon, for another amazing travel experience. *Luke

Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.