“Worst customer service of the industry”
Review of Etihad Airways

Reviewed 27 May 2024

My flight from Geneva to Abu Dhabi on Friday 8th March 2024 was cancelled due to a technical problem, so I decided to get a refund and to travel with another airline. On 10th March 2024, I raised a claim for a refund and for indemnisations, case 2403104088808.
Despite their commitment to reply within 30 days, despite the Swiss regulations and despite my calls to their service center, I haven't received an email since.
Such a poor customer service, from an airline that pretends to be a world class leader, is simply unacceptable. Even low cost airlines have better customer service than Etihad.
Avoid Etihad at all costs !

Date of travel: March 2024

Reviewed 26 May 2024

Etihad Guest Gold member has zero benefits and their customer service is the worst team I have come across. Nobody picks up the phone so you have to email them which takes 24 to 48 hours for a response. And when they do respond its as if you are communicating with a robot reading from a script. Zero Empathy. Emirates and other airline programs are way better than Etihad guest - I had a flight upgrade voucher which i wanted to use to ugrade my Milan to Abu Dhabi flight however i was told the voucher had expired by 2 days (which was partly due to difficulties getting through to their customer services team on the phone whilst the voucher was still valid and me forgetting to call them again due to a busy schedule). I explained the situation to their customer services team via email as again it was difficult to get through to them on the phone (was on hold for more than 15 mins before i gave up) and their response showed zero empathy and treated me like just a number. Very disappointed and won't be flying with Etihad again. Back to Emirates

Date of travel: May 2024
1  Thank FelixSD2018
Reviewed 26 May 2024

I took a flight from Zayed International Airport (Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates) to Hamad International Airport (Doha, Qatar), and it was fantastic! The staff was nice, no delays, great legroom. Etihad Airways is my favorite airline! I would definitely fly again with the same airline.

Date of travel: April 2024
    • Seat comfort
    • Food and Beverage
    • Legroom
    • In-flight Entertainment
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and boarding
Etihadairways, Manager at Etihad Airways, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2024

Hi Alansaari, thanks so much for your review and the great rating. We appreciate the love and preference given to Etihad. We look forward to welcoming you on board again very soon, for another amazing travel experience. *Luke

Reviewed 26 May 2024

Never received my frequent flier points for business. I even complained and sent my boarding passes. I will never fly this company again.

Date of travel: February 2024
Reviewed 24 May 2024

Absolutely terrible airline. Simply after paying and confirming seats and checking in in airport got boarding pass with the seats that I paid for then going to into the plane my boarding scan not accepted the reason seat is taking by someone else, I said okay whatever I need my seat money back it’s been nearly 4 months not got replied. Worst airline ever and not cheap

Date of travel: February 2024
    • Seat comfort
    • Food and Beverage
    • Legroom
    • In-flight Entertainment
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and boarding
Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.