“Improvement needed”
Review of Etihad Airways

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

They have not served us tea
There were turbulence in airline
Need to work on this
Airbus is small, it needs to be spacious and legroom must be wide enough to get comfortable

Date of travel: March 2024
    • Seat comfort
    • Customer service
    • Food and Beverage
    • Legroom
    • In-flight Entertainment
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and boarding
Etihadairways, Manager at Etihad Airways, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

I'm sorry to hear about the turbulence during your flight and the inconvenience of not receiving tea. Your feedback about the Airbus size and legroom is noted; comfort is paramount, especially during air travel. If there's anything else you'd like to share or if there's anything I can assist you with, please feel free to reach us out via our social media channels. *Ikra

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I was exited to get onboard Etihad from Abu Dhabi to JFK , till then it was all outstanding service by the staff on board as well as airport staff , everything went downhill when the staff servicing the business class became selective , ignoring any requests from me or my son, was surprised when staff would not return back when you request a meal. I had flown Etihad several years back from Dallas and I had seen a similar behavior but thought it might have changed .. surprising it is the same. I have decided not to reinvent the wheel but fly emirates or Qatar in future. as their staff are more seasoned.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I booked on 15 March tickets to Umrah ( transfer Abu Dhabu to Jeddah). Booked via website Etihad and paid by IDEAL.

Money was written off from my bankaccount, but tickets where not issued.Contact Etihad directly. Cause of problem with GlobalCollect the amount was not approved by Etihad Airways. The amount would be refund within 15 working days. It is now more then 45 working days and still waiting for my refund.

Due to the lack service at refund departement of Etihad Airways , I am now forced to appoInt a lawyer and start legal summon against Etihad Airways BV.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

First flight with Etihad (ever), will be upcoming monday. But will also be our last.

According to the website, 5kg excess baggage costs 44 USD each way. Now I want to book online in advance and despite the discount it is 78 EUR / 5kg each way.

Converted about 83 USD. So almost twice as expensive.

Customer rip-off

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This is the worst airline I have ever experienced at the age of 40 years old. My flight itinerary was from Bangkok to Madrid with 2.5 hours stopover in Abu Dhabi, which is find.

We are the family of three. On the date of departure when we were on the the way to the airport, we received the email saying that our flight will be delay due to technical problem. And because of this delay it caused us 24 hours stopover in Abu Dhabi. We were on the phone with the customer service and there is nothing they can do. If we take this flight, that's the destiny we have to face. There is no alternative solution or option whatsoever. In the end, we decided to book Turkish airline last miniute (cost us double) and ask for the full refund and compensation (It's been 30 days we haven't received anything).

Now that I am writing, I am trying to send the feedback to the customer service, and the only way to do it is via website on the feedback button. But the form is not possible to send whether you fill everything correctly. I know it sounds ridiculous but it's true. I am on the Live Chat with the team and they can not do anything either. Still now I can not file the complaint and that's why I spare my time to write the review here in the hope that somebody will see it and take serious action and provide compensation that make sense for us.

Date of travel: April 2024
Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.