“WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE EVER”
Review of Etihad Airways

Reviewed 22 April 2024

This is the worst airline I have ever experienced at the age of 40 years old. My flight itinerary was from Bangkok to Madrid with 2.5 hours stopover in Abu Dhabi, which is find.

We are the family of three. On the date of departure when we were on the the way to the airport, we received the email saying that our flight will be delay due to technical problem. And because of this delay it caused us 24 hours stopover in Abu Dhabi. We were on the phone with the customer service and there is nothing they can do. If we take this flight, that's the destiny we have to face. There is no alternative solution or option whatsoever. In the end, we decided to book Turkish airline last miniute (cost us double) and ask for the full refund and compensation (It's been 30 days we haven't received anything).

Now that I am writing, I am trying to send the feedback to the customer service, and the only way to do it is via website on the feedback button. But the form is not possible to send whether you fill everything correctly. I know it sounds ridiculous but it's true. I am on the Live Chat with the team and they can not do anything either. Still now I can not file the complaint and that's why I spare my time to write the review here in the hope that somebody will see it and take serious action and provide compensation that make sense for us.

Date of travel: April 2024

Reviewed 22 April 2024

Suprised how many awful reports on here because our experience was very good again. We had 4 flights and found that overall it was comfortable seating and 1 flight we were able to obtain an upgrade through the bidding system., which was extremely comfortable. The crew on all the flights were great and nothing was to much trouble . The food was generally ok but could do with looking at how it could be improved. one flight out of Male back to Abu dhabi was on a A321 and would say that this plane is probably not the best plane to use on this sector. There was no screen for any entertainment which wasn't the best, We were able to use the business class lounge in Abu dhabi due to upgrading the one sector on our outbound flight and this was truly an excellent experience, what a fabulous relaxing area and lovely food and facilities! The new airport at Abu dhabi was an excellent experience very relaxed and extremely easy to navigate and you can find a quiet corner to sit in and nice places to eat or have a drink. The toilets were all spotless and have to say puts Manchester airport to shame ! Overall our experience was very good. Thankyou Ethiad and we look forward to travelling with you again soon. We definitely recommend.

Date of travel: March 2024
    • Check-in and boarding
Etihadairways, Manager at Etihad Airways, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2024

Thanks for recommending our airline. We appreciate your feedback regarding the on board experience and we shall definitely take into consideration. Glad to hear that our new airport have exceeded your expectations. *Ikra

Reviewed 22 April 2024

Unfortunately, exactly the same thing happened to me. I bought 2 tickets from Etihad  directly. The payment was successful and I received my booking ref number. But a few days later I noticed 2 transactions, with exact prices for each ticket. As soon as I noticed this, I contacted my bank and Etihad. My bank says that they will investigate the case and will contact me. After that I contacted Etihad twice. First time they assured me that they will investigate the case and will contact me in 48 hours. They did not. I contacted them again and this time they told me that I can contact them within 24 hours. Actually I had to provide screenshots of the correct transaction and extra wrong transaction. They keep saying that it could be a soft charge. But as I understand, soft charge should happen before payment, and after full payment, soft charge should be released. But instead, 'soft charge' happened 3 days later. Very strange soft charge. So, right now I have not received my money back yet. I hope this issue will be resolved soon and I will get my money back. Just wanted to add that I use my debit card online regularly for years and it never happened to me before. This is horrible.

Date of travel: September 2023
Reviewed 22 April 2024

Do not fly this company!

Horrible flight experience , from check in to luggage, food, cleanliness of cabin bathrooms, attendance , customer service etc
Arrival at Abu Dahbi horrible terminal third world country
Better pay a normal ticket price in a normal airline that experience this nightmare

Date of travel: February 2024
Reviewed 22 April 2024

Terrible customer service, very rude, no consideration for people with needs, I don’t recommend it to families with young kids

Date of travel: March 2024

I am sorry to hear this, Harry. Please send us a private message here or reach out to us via our social media channels to discuss this further. *Ikra

Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.