“Best service and experiance”
Review of Etihad Airways

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

It was a pleasant flight and clean with friendly staff enjoyed the journey i recommend my friends to travel regularly with Etihad airlines.

• Check-in and boarding
Etihadairways, Manager at Etihad Airways, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you so much for your positive feedback! Your words brightened up our day! We would love to see you back on board with us again soon. *Ann

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

We booked our round-trip tickets for our holiday to Japan via the official Etihad website. The flight was pleasant and the board services including the staff on board were very good and friendly.
However, the administrative service around the booking is practically non-existent in case of any problems.
For the return flight from Tokyo to Zurich we chose the Value Package, which according to the booking flow and also the separate "Baggage Allowance" page shows 30kg at the time of booking. Screenshots have been attached to Etihad to prove this.
However, the ticket itself only showed 23kg, which was immediately reported to Etihad by telephone. The problem was not taken seriously at first and only after the attached screenshot was sent did they understand what the issue was. However, I only got the answer: "I see your problem, but there is nothing we can do." Even when I asked if Etihad could simply add 14-15kg manually as additional baggage, they said no.
--> For your information: +15kg additional baggage costs around 510 Swiss francs if I were to do it myself.
So for the moment I was only advised to fill out an Etihad feedback form and see if this could solve the problem. I did this about 4 weeks ago, but it seems to have either been forgotten or Etihad is just very slow at it and hopes that the customer will just leave it at that.

Whilst searching for other Etihad contact options, I came across Tripadvisor. Here I saw that they usually indicate to address the problem via their social media channels, which I did. After about 2 weeks of writing back and forth, they came to the strange conclusion that the screenshot showing the 30kg baggage for Value in the booking process is "outside of the established process flow", which is simply unbelievable and a lame excuse because the social media support team just doesn't feel like it anymore. The screenshot IS from their official site where you book the tickets and they don't even recognize that. And if it says that 30kg checked baggage per person is included, I expect this to be also on my ticket.

In the end, I had to pay an incredible 530 francs in total for around 14kg of excess baggage for two persons because the Value Package only includes 23kg instead of 30kg per person as it was indicated in the booking process. The problem is so obvious and yet Etihad lets you down.

• Check-in and boarding

Thank you for your feedback, and we are sorry to hear about your booking experience. Please feel free to reach us via DM along with your case reference on any of our Social Media channels (Facebook, Twitter and Instagram) and we'll be happy to assist. *Ann

Reviewed 20 April 2024

So I wrote about my fantastic outbound experience (which was in business) this review is for my lack lustre return.

1) If the object of the airline is to get from A to B in a safely and in a clean environment on time this was achieved :)
But we tend to expect a little more!
2) MLE- AUH - in my mind this is a long flight (4 hours plus) - No TV screens - so you have to use your own device if you have to have one or in our case 4 (we where going on family holiday and had ditched the laptops/IPADS - so be warned!!)
3) LHR - AUH - had the xl (premium economy) seats which where nicer than emirates for space (in emirates if the person in front reclines - their head is almost resting in your lap for a head massage) and on emirates if the person does this and your drinks table is out you will wear the drink!!! Luckily ethiad offers more space.
4) However the biggest negative was the service the staff where awful, they could seriously give BA a run for their money. - Food service on both sectors was exceptionally limited in frequency but excellent on variety on AUH to LHR, the drinks main meal and coffees served at the same time!! no space for anything all hyper rushed and for no real reason, they didn't offer drinks again - even water.
5) The 380 has nice galley for the staff and they seemed to really enjoy it we didn't see them much - found the staff arrogant and in some instances downright rude.( one of our party had ordered a special meal, didn't want to eat but we where forced to take the tray even though space was a premium) the child next to me asked if he could have the pancakes if they had any left - he was so polite, staff response to him left me feeling sad for the child.
Such a shame with a more customer focused crew this could have been a great experience - it could be a one off, the aircraft the menu the drinks the toilets are better than emirates.

• Check-in and boarding
Etihadairways, Manager at Etihad Airways, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

Hi there, thank you for your feedback and we're sorry to hear that your overall experience was not as expected. Please escalate this matter further via providing us all your details through our feedback form, https://www.etihad.com/en-ae/help/feedback allowing our Guest relations team to investigate and get back to you. *Zia

Reviewed 20 April 2024

I booked directly with Etihad on their website as I have flown Emirates, Qatar and Saudi and really wanted to try Etihad. I booked a trip to Kuala Lumpur starting in Birmingham International Airport. Etihad do not fly from BHX so the first part of the journey is by coach to LHR - all part of the same booking. Now I have had an email from Etihad saying schedule change. When I called them, they said the coach from BHX has been cancelled. Firstly they said we can fly you from BHX via AMS or CDG which I said yes please. Then they said we can’t do that as your journey is by coach. They gave me two options : either make my own way to LHR which is a three hour drive, pay for my own fuel and three weeks of parking at LHR which will be expensive or get a full refund. I do not want a refund as all other flights have gone a lot expensive plus I have already booked and paid for flights and hotel in Singapore. We are not due to fly til August this year? Any suggestions that you can help with?

Date of travel: April 2024

Hi there, we're sorry to hear that. Please reach out to us via any of our social media channels (Twitter, Instagram or Facebook) with more details such as your booking reference and we'll look into this for you. Thanks. *Zia

Reviewed 19 April 2024

I was supposed to fly from Johannesburg to Dubai from Dubai to Beijing. The flight was so late. I missed my second flight. They told me that they will arranged a second flight for me the next day at nine at night I had to sit and wait for nine hours to get my visa done just so I can go to a hotel and take a shower before my next flight. That meaning, I had to pay for everything that I wanted in Abu Dhabi. They gave me one single voucher of a small little burger and a cool drink for the whole night. They booked me in a hotel to freshen up with no bags now I am struggling to find transportation back to the airport for my second flight as no one knows any information that was given to me, i’m also sitting at the hotel they booked me in with no food nothing this is the worst flight ever worst flight experience I’ve ever had do not fly with these people and if you do make sure your layover is about seven hours do not worry about saving a little bit of money it is definitely not worth it. The only thing that they told me is that only arrange for business class. Obviously, I’m economy. They don’t care about me. No one has actually even tried to get in contact with me. I’ve been waiting and I’m also with 16 other people from India and South Africa that went through the same experience together.

• Check-in and boarding

Hi there, we're sorry to hear that your flight has been delayed. We always aim to operate all our flights as scheduled, however, there are times when certain circumstances happen beyond our control, which may lead to delays of certain flights. Please file an official case through our feedback form: http://bit.ly/EYFeedback, and our Guest Relations team will look into this further for you. Thanks. *Zia

Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.