“Unacceptable baggage charges”
Review of Etihad Airways

Reviewed 19 April 2024

I wanted to add a luggage for my trip from Colombo to Abu-Dhabi, because 7 kg allowed on the fare were not sufficient for me. 23356 LKR aka 72€ for 10 kg of weight or 145€ for 20 kg, are you people serious? Even the worst European low-cost company doesn't have such exorbitant charges. What a shame, I couldn't believe Etihad has fallen so low, it's the last time my family travels with this airline.

Date of travel: April 2024
Etihadairways, Manager at Etihad Airways, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2024

Hi there, we understand your concerns, however extra baggage price varies from route to route. It's nearly always cheaper to book extra checked luggage in advance rather than paying excess baggage fees at the airport. We offer up to 30% discount on excess baggage rate if you purchase in advance online or through our call center. Thanks. *Zoe

Reviewed 17 April 2024

extremely disappointed. ethihad has a capability of hiring such heartless people. they did not allow me to travel for some unbelievable reasons they invented. I had traveled to doha with the same haya visa before through other airlines n stayed there for about 2 weeks. but ethihad staffs informed so hearlessly, without even considering the possibility that they might be stupid and ignorant of the rules. I lost my money and precious time becoz of them. I'm never ever going to travel with ithihad as this was not my first experience with them. I traveled 5 times in ethihad just coz they were cheaper compared to other airlines and each time they had to make it difficult for me n my family. I heard similar and worse experience for my friends and others too. but this was the first time they did not let me travel. I will also make it a point to write negative review against them every day in all sites as possible.

Date of travel: April 2024
Etihadairways, Manager at Etihad Airways, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2024

Hi there, we're sorry to hear about your experience. Please reach out to us via our social media channels (Twitter, Instagram or Facebook) with more details, or file an official case through our feedback form: http://bit.ly/EYFeedback, and our team will look into this further for you. Thanks. *Zia

Reviewed 17 April 2024

Having flown to Dubai with Emirates several times, I thought Etihad would have the same high standards. Oh how wrong was I! The staff really didn’t seem happy and one crew member in particular made us feel like an inconvenience. If you ask for a cold drink when they’re servicing tea and coffee, they refuse and don’t even offer to get you one when they’re done serving. The toilet on the A380 is in the most inconvenient place. If you wait for it to become free, you are in the way of the crew working and they are not happy about it. You are made to feel guilty for needing to use the toilet! The food was ok. I had quite a nice chicken dish but the starter was horrible and it was just very basic. I’m have to say; I’m not really looking forward to the return flight. I’m a self employed personal travel consultant and wouldn’t want to sell my customers a flight with Etihad.

1  Thank katief218
Etihadairways, Manager at Etihad Airways, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2024

That doesn't sound good to us. Your input and the feedback are vitally important to us. Please share your feedback along with your flight details on our website for further investigation. Thank you. *Zoe

Reviewed 17 April 2024

As a buisness class customer you expect a high level of service this will not be provided by Etihad and if you complain they take over 2 months to respond and then just fob you off they are not interested in customer care.

Date of travel: February 2024
    • Seat comfort
    • Customer service
    • Food and Beverage
    • Legroom
    • In-flight Entertainment
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and boarding

Hi there, please let us know your case number so we can look into this for you. Thank you. *Zoe

Reviewed 17 April 2024

today I’m flying Etihad for the first time and it’s been the worst experience in last 20 years. Flying from Mumbai- JFK. Have a stop in Abu Dabhi. At the Mumbai airport during boarding, I was told I’ll get my boarding pass in abu dabhi and all I got was a run around at The Abu Dabhi airport. Basically nobody willing to issue the boarding and kept saying I should have asked for one at the Mumbai airport (which I did 3 times at the counter and the gate). After all this, I was just assigned a random seat. I paid $1300 for a way one way ticket

Date of travel: March 2024
    • In-flight Entertainment
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and boarding
2  Thank monil d

We are sorry to hear your experience. Please share your feedback with our Guest Relations team on our website, so we can learn more about our specific situation and make things right. We hope to speak with you and working towards earning back your business. *Zoe

Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.