“Read the revues before you use this airline”
Review of Etihad Airways

Reviewed 17 April 2024

As a buisness class customer you expect a high level of service this will not be provided by Etihad and if you complain they take over 2 months to respond and then just fob you off they are not interested in customer care.

Date of travel: February 2024
    • Check-in and boarding
Etihadairways, Manager at Etihad Airways, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2024

Hi there, please let us know your case number so we can look into this for you. Thank you. *Zoe

Reviewed 17 April 2024

today I’m flying Etihad for the first time and it’s been the worst experience in last 20 years. Flying from Mumbai- JFK. Have a stop in Abu Dabhi. At the Mumbai airport during boarding, I was told I’ll get my boarding pass in abu dabhi and all I got was a run around at The Abu Dabhi airport. Basically nobody willing to issue the boarding and kept saying I should have asked for one at the Mumbai airport (which I did 3 times at the counter and the gate). After all this, I was just assigned a random seat. I paid $1300 for a way one way ticket

Date of travel: March 2024
2  Thank monil d

We are sorry to hear your experience. Please share your feedback with our Guest Relations team on our website, so we can learn more about our specific situation and make things right. We hope to speak with you and working towards earning back your business. *Zoe

Reviewed 16 April 2024

My wife booked my flight with Etihad because she knows they have good services. I tried many airlines but Etihad airways stand the most, quality service from AUH airport to plane up until we arrived in Philippines and one more thing they have spacious leg room for economy flyer. Big shout out to the crew who are very welcoming and approachable. No wonder my wife always booked her flight in Etihad.

Date of travel: April 2024
1  Thank BackPacker679954
Etihadairways, Manager at Etihad Airways, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2024

We're delighted to hear such wonderful words. Your well-being is always our priority. We'll make sure to pass them on to our team, so they can smile just like we are right now. *Ann

Reviewed 16 April 2024

I am writing to address a significant inconvenience experienced during my recent travel with Etihad Airways on April 14th, with flights from Kuala Lumpur to Istanbul via Abu Dhabi under booking reference U3JMU8.

I chose Etihad Airways for this journey primarily due to the convenience of a single layover and a brief waiting period, ensuring my arrival in Istanbul by 06:15 AM for work commitments. While the Kuala Lumpur to Abu Dhabi leg of my trip proceeded smoothly, upon arrival in Abu Dhabi, I was informed by a staff member that the originally scheduled large aircraft for the Istanbul route had been replaced by a smaller one, resulting in insufficient seating availability. Consequently, I was rerouted to Kuwait with a significant layover of over three hours in a substandard and aged aircraft, an experience I would have preferred to avoid.

Due to this unforeseen change, I was unable to attend work on April 15th and had to take an unplanned day off. Additionally, I was deprived of the services I paid for—specifically, a single layover journey and travel from Abu Dhabi to Istanbul with Etihad Airways.

While I understand that flight delays can occur due to technical issues, this was more than a delay; it involved two additional layovers and an alternate carrier, significantly deviating from the service I had paid for.

I kindly request appropriate compensation for the disruptions caused, including the missed workday and the inability to utilize the services I paid for. I believe this situation calls for fair compensation to address the inconvenience and dissatisfaction experienced during this journey.

I appreciate your attention to this matter and look forward to your prompt response and resolution.

Date of travel: April 2024
1  Thank Yasin T

We apologise for the inconvenience caused due to the delay. For compensation requests, please submit your details on www.etihad.com/en-in/about-us/contact-us/feedback/ and our Guest Relations team will be in contact with you. Thank you. *Ann

Reviewed 16 April 2024

Traveled Emirate Airlines last year so we thought we would try Etihad and stop over in Abu Dhabi. Big mistake!
Emirates was so absolutely fabulous… Etihad doesn’t even come close !
Beware when you book business class and have a connecting ( had a lazy boy style chair) and we received a letter at check in that due to a weight issue with the aircraft we would not be served any type of business class food.
Flight crew was not at all friendly, it was like they would much rather stand and chat in the galley than interact with passengers. It was how fast can we serve you and get back to the front and talk with other crew members.
Restrooms were not as clean as Emirates, which were spotless every time I used them.
The amenity kits on Etihad had bright orange cheap foam earplugs, and hand sanitizer, in a pouch that had a plastic tag keeping it closed ( you have to cut this off)
to unzip it.
Emirates amenity bag had fabulous Bulgari products!
When loading process began on our return trip Abu Dhabi to Chicago the gate area and boarding process was complete mayhem!
Price was the same for Emirate flight and Etihad we so regretted not flying Emirates again! Don’t let reviews tell you they are comparable, they are in no way even close to being on the same level of Business Class flight experience.

Date of travel: March 2024
    • Check-in and boarding

Thank you for bringing this to our attention, and we are sorry that our service did not meet your expectations. Please send us more details about your experience via www.etihad.com/en-ae/help/feedback so that our Guest Relations team can review it and get back to you. *Ann

Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.