“POOR SERVICE AND EXPERIENCE, AVOID! ECONOMY WOULD HAVE BEEN BETTER!”
Review of Etihad Airways

Reviewed 16 April 2024

I flew on 15 Apr 2024 with Etihad Airways (EY18) on a night time flight with my wife and two kids. Due to the hour of the flight I decided to pay to upgrade the flight to Business so my kids could sleep. However the entire flight was disrupted by the cabin crew constantly banging doors, cutlery, pots and pans, and opening storage compartments repeatedly around us. This has to be the worst experience for a business class flight and I am fuming. My children's sleep has been distrubed along with mine and my wife's, and the cabin crew did not care at all by this. I am a regular flier to Abu Dhabi and Dubai, and we are regular fliers with Etihad Airways, however based on this disgusting service on a business class flight I will ensure Myself and my friends and family do not fly with Etihad again. Etihad Airways should be ashamed of themselves, for I have received far superior service on economy flights with easyJet! Shocking!

Date of travel: April 2024
Etihadairways, Manager at Etihad Airways, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2024

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review and we wish your experience could have been better. Please share all the details of your experience with our Guest Relations Team via our online feedback form as we are constantly striving to improve our service and product for a better guest experience. *Ann

Reviewed 15 April 2024

I've purchased the seats 11 a, 11 B, 11 c and 12 a for my boss and him family for today's flight and paid EUR 64 at the Etihad site, but today at the registration they're given row 32 instead of 11 and 12! The staff at the registration desk was absolutely indifferent and unhelpful. Never fly with this company!

Date of travel: April 2024
Etihadairways, Manager at Etihad Airways, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2024

Hi there, we are sorry to hear about your recent experience. This is not how we wish our guests to remember us. We would appreciate it if you shared more details on our feedback page online at www.etihad.com, so our Guest Relations Team could investigate further and get back to you. Thank you. *Ann

Reviewed 15 April 2024

Etihad ignores my refund case since December 2023 (CRM:01353927122).

In December 2023, I booked a flight with Etihad Airways from Abu Dhabi (AUH) to Manila (MNL), with the original aircraft designated as a 777-300ER. My booking included pre-purchased seat reservations to ensure my travel companion and I could sit together. Unexpectedly, Etihad changed the aircraft to a 781 model, disrupting the seat layout and separating our reserved seats from 51H+51K to 48G+48K, which were not adjacent.

Despite this inconvenience, we were compelled to reserve new seats during check-in, incurring an additional expense. We paid 490 SEK to secure adjacent seats again due to the aircraft swap. I have contacted Etihad requesting a refund for the initial seat reservation cost since the seats we paid for were rendered useless by their changes. However, as of now, there has been no resolution or refund issued.

The lack of communication and resolution from Etihad Airways is disheartening. If this issue is not addressed promptly, I will be considering further actions, including reaching out to the ombudsman service and possibly pursuing legal remedies. I hope Etihad recognizes the inconvenience caused and rectifies this issue soon.

Date of travel: November 2023

We are sorry to hear about what happened. Please feel free to reach us via DM on any of our Social Media channels (Facebook, Twitter and Instagram) and we'll be happy to assist. *Ann

Reviewed 14 April 2024

Inflight service and good was excellent but as soon as you have to deal with customer service it goes downhill. They employ untrained people who neither have an understanding of the product they are representing nor can they help you. None of them is authorized to do anything so it’s in their interest to shut you down

Date of travel: December 2023
    • Seat comfort
    • Customer service
    • Food and Beverage
    • Legroom
    • In-flight Entertainment
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and boarding
Etihadairways, Manager at Etihad Airways, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2024

Hi there, that doesn't sound ideal. Please do raise this via: http://bit.ly/EYFeedback, and our Guest Relations team will look into this further for you. Thanks. *Zia

Reviewed 14 April 2024

Worst service so far ....used Etihad for around trip.....will never use it again

Faced many issues got very poor service even paid extra $$$$

Date of travel: March 2024

Hi there, we're sorry to hear that. Please reach out to us via our social media channels (Twitter, Instagram or Facebook), or file an official case through our feedback form: http://bit.ly/EYFeedback, and our team will look into this further for you. Thanks. *Zia

Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.