“READ THE FINE PRINT”
Review of Etihad Airways

Reviewed 3 March 2024

READ THE FINE PRINT! I managed to book a “non-refundable” and “non-changeable” flight and Etihad Airways refused to consider a partial refund or even offer a change of flight due to circumstances beyond my control. I contacted them 2 months before the flight is scheduled because the Visa was denied and consequently, I would not be able to take the flight. Customer service was polite, but copy pasting canned answers. The fine print mentions that lack of appropriate travel documents is on the customer… that is understandable if informing close to the flight… but providing 2 months’ notice and not even offering a “flight change” (for a fee) to book to a different destination is quite unreasonable and not at all focused on customer-satisfaction. They would rather stick it to their customers and pocket the cash then offer a clear, simple solution.

Date of travel: March 2024

Reviewed 2 March 2024

"I flew from Istanbul to Melbourne on February 20th with Etihad Airways (EY460).
1) On the flight from Abu Dhabi to Melbourne, my seat was broken. When the plane was about to take off, a flight attendant came and told me to put my seat upright, but the seat wouldn't stay upright. The flight attendant left, then the cabin manager came and forcefully pushed the seat forward to make it upright. However, the seat started slowly reclining again. In my understanding, the seat should be upright during takeoff and landing. When the plane was about to land, another cabin crew member came and told me to put the seat upright, and I mentioned that the seat wasn't staying in place. the cabin crew didn't assist me in this situation, and I'm curious about who would take responsibility in case of any danger.
2) I had enough of eating chicken and pasta on the plane.. Ok This is Economy Class . But after all, we still pay for it, but I still think we deserve a good service
3) Also Leg room very tight

• Legroom
    • In-flight Entertainment
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and boarding
Etihadairways, Manager at Etihad Airways, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2024

Thank you for bringing these concerns to our attention. We are sorry that the issue with your seat was not promptly resolved by our cabin crew.

Regarding the meal options, we understand the importance of providing diverse and satisfactory meal choices to our passengers. We will review our menu offerings to ensure a better selection in the future.

As for the legroom, we acknowledge your feedback and will take it into consideration as we strive to enhance. *Ikra

Reviewed 2 March 2024

Very rude staff got damaged bags 3 of them as I travelled with family. Staff at abu dhabi airport is useless and unhelpful.

Date of travel: November 2023
Reviewed 1 March 2024

Terrible!
This cheap company merged 3 flights from other flying companies in one airplane. The airplane was stacked with people and we sat there for 1 hour before take off without AC in KSA where it's flaming hot!
We asked for air conditioning and they responded that it will be on once we're in the air.
Terrible experience.

Date of travel: March 2024

We apologize for the discomfort you experienced during your recent flight. Ensuring a comfortable and pleasant journey for our passengers is of utmost importance to us, and we regret that the air conditioning issue caused inconvenience. Please visit out website to fill up the form to share your feedback with us so we can investigate. *Ikra

Reviewed 1 March 2024

Well, well, well, looks like someone took a ride on the luxury express with Etihad, only to have their dreams shattered along with their luggage! Talk about a bumpy landing! It's a shame those meticulously crafted commercials didn't come with a disclaimer: "Handle with care or else!"
Now, about those two beloved trolley bags – brutalized, broken, and left for dead. Who's gonna foot the bill for this baggage massacre? It's not like we're talking about cheap plastic here; these babies cost a pretty penny! Etihad, you've got some explaining to do! The world demands answers, and it won't rest until justice is served. So, buckle up, Etihad, because the bill for your baggage blunder is coming your way, and it's gonna hit harder than turbulence at 30,000 feet. Time to pay up and make things right, or prepare for some serious turbulence of your own!

Date of travel: February 2024
    • In-flight Entertainment
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and boarding
1  Thank Shahrose A
Etihadairways, Manager at Etihad Airways, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2024

We're truly sorry to hear about your experience with your baggage. Your feedback is important to us, and we'd like to assist you further in resolving this matter. Please send us a private message with your booking details and a description of the damage to your bags. Our team will investigate the issue promptly and work towards a satisfactory resolution.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. *Ikra

Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.