“Shocked in the end - the luggage handle needed to fired.”
Review of Etihad Airways

Reviewed 1 March 2024

Well, well, well, looks like someone took a ride on the luxury express with Etihad, only to have their dreams shattered along with their luggage! Talk about a bumpy landing! It's a shame those meticulously crafted commercials didn't come with a disclaimer: "Handle with care or else!"
Now, about those two beloved trolley bags – brutalized, broken, and left for dead. Who's gonna foot the bill for this baggage massacre? It's not like we're talking about cheap plastic here; these babies cost a pretty penny! Etihad, you've got some explaining to do! The world demands answers, and it won't rest until justice is served. So, buckle up, Etihad, because the bill for your baggage blunder is coming your way, and it's gonna hit harder than turbulence at 30,000 feet. Time to pay up and make things right, or prepare for some serious turbulence of your own!

Date of travel: February 2024
1  Thank Shahrose A
Etihadairways, Manager at Etihad Airways, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2024

We're truly sorry to hear about your experience with your baggage. Your feedback is important to us, and we'd like to assist you further in resolving this matter. Please send us a private message with your booking details and a description of the damage to your bags. Our team will investigate the issue promptly and work towards a satisfactory resolution.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. *Ikra

Reviewed 29 February 2024

An absolute piece of an airline.
They refused to cancel this flight despite a war breaking out. Obviously no one flew, but because it wasn't cancelled and individuals had to cancel, no one was provided with a refund. They refunded the tax in their credit which they promptly cancelled if you booked 12 months before the flight.
A short-sighted, pathetic airline.
I would never fly with them again.

Date of travel: October 2023
Reviewed 28 February 2024

Worst airline. Cramped seats. Ran out of food on flight to Abu Dhabi. Also ran out of food in the way home. Freezing cold and uncomfortable flight. Poor choice of films. Heard how good they were and looking forward to flight. So disappointed. Need to up there game!

Date of travel: December 2023
Reviewed 28 February 2024

First and last time flying with Etihad. Have been flying long haul with all the big companies over a number of years and this was by far the worst experience I have ever had, with the worst on board customer service I’ve ever seen.

To start with, the night before I checked and the flight was 30 minutes delayed landing at Abu Dhabi… which is odd as it hadn’t even set off yet. This meant we had to run through the airport to get our connecting flight.

After 13 hours spent in the air, we were tired and dehydrated, asking for something small like a bottle of water, took ages and appeared to be a massive inconvenience. It was like asking the cabin crew to do you a massive favour.

Towards the end of the flight, after pressing the in flight service button and being ignored numerous times I approached the flight attendants to ask for some water for landing. I found 2 attendants in the kitchen area, they had 3 bottles of water on the side. I was told that they didn’t have any water and that in flight service was over 😂 what an actual joke.

Date of travel: January 2024
1  Thank MttEds
Reviewed 28 February 2024

Etihad is really the worst. On 21 Feb 2024, they made unauthorised charges to my account amounting to MYR1686 (confirmed by my Bank). They literally emptied my account and did not bother to call or emailed me to say sorry of the sort. Their chat agents, when I contacted them will say the same template "rest assured, it will be resolved". But when I ask for updates on my case, they will say "theres no update". They literally don't care about the trouble I had to go through for almost a week without any money in my account. I have made reports to the local authority and emailed Etihad, but still they don't bother to acknowledge or reply my emails.
Then tonight, they've done it again! I received an email saying that my flight has been changed, seats also changed not the preferred seats I paid for. I contacted the agent, he said I am not entitled to a refund and to change the seat to my preferred will incur extra charge. After awhile, he then said its for free. They had emptied my accounts, then has the audacity to charge me extra for preferred seats I already paid? These people are the worst!

Thanks to this, I'm going to make further reports to the local authority on the issue of unauthorised charges they made to my account and the inconveniences they caused me.

TLDR: Dont fly with Etihad, get other carriers instead. They'll do everything to make your life miserable.

Date of travel: January 2024
Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.