“Change of seats then tried to charge me for preferred seats I already paid”
Review of Etihad Airways

Reviewed 28 February 2024

Etihad is really the worst. On 21 Feb 2024, they made unauthorised charges to my account amounting to MYR1686 (confirmed by my Bank). They literally emptied my account and did not bother to call or emailed me to say sorry of the sort. Their chat agents, when I contacted them will say the same template "rest assured, it will be resolved". But when I ask for updates on my case, they will say "theres no update". They literally don't care about the trouble I had to go through for almost a week without any money in my account. I have made reports to the local authority and emailed Etihad, but still they don't bother to acknowledge or reply my emails.
Then tonight, they've done it again! I received an email saying that my flight has been changed, seats also changed not the preferred seats I paid for. I contacted the agent, he said I am not entitled to a refund and to change the seat to my preferred will incur extra charge. After awhile, he then said its for free. They had emptied my accounts, then has the audacity to charge me extra for preferred seats I already paid? These people are the worst!

Thanks to this, I'm going to make further reports to the local authority on the issue of unauthorised charges they made to my account and the inconveniences they caused me.

TLDR: Dont fly with Etihad, get other carriers instead. They'll do everything to make your life miserable.

Date of travel: January 2024

Reviewed 27 February 2024

Never again! First and last ever! Horrible experience starting with baggage check in, boarding and the interiors of the flight! Did not expect an international airline, which claims to be world class, to be this third class! They have ensured economy class is poorly equipped beginning with the size and quality of the seats to the pillows which may have been lying there for years. Not to mention, they do not even clean up the interiors properly after a flight! Food crumbs lying on the sides. Indian trains are better these days.
Baggage allowance is so strict that a 500 gms excess could wreck the airlines Oops!!! The food will be seen once it takes off. I surely am not flying with Etihad again!

• Check-in and boarding
Etihadairways, Manager at Etihad Airways, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2024

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We're sorry to hear about your experience. We strive to provide the highest standards of service and comfort to all our guests, and it's disheartening to learn that we fell short of your expectations. Your comments have been noted, and we will work diligently to address the issues you've raised to ensure a better experience for our valued passengers in the future. We appreciate your understanding and hope to have the opportunity to welcome you on board again under more favorable circumstances. *Ikra

Reviewed 27 February 2024

Horrible service by 1 crew member name Daniella. Also, customer service is horrible, not flying again. I’m still waiting for my refund for my coming soon flight

• Check-in and boarding

We're truly sorry to hear about your experience. Your feedback is important to us, and we'd like to address your concerns promptly. Could you please send us a private message via our social media channels with your booking details so we can assist you further? We're here to help. *Ikra

Reviewed 27 February 2024

No other flights can Match the COMFORT of ETIHAD AIRWAYS....The Crew was very Caring The Seat was very Comfortable I will never book tickets of any other flight one and only ETIHAD AIRWAYS SUPERB👌👌👌

• Check-in and boarding

Thank you for your kind words! We're delighted to hear that you enjoyed your experience with us. Your comfort and satisfaction are our top priorities, and we're thrilled to know that our crew and seats met your expectations. We look forward to welcoming you on board again soon. *Ikra

Reviewed 26 February 2024

I had travelled from Mumbai to London Heathrow with 2 minors / baby (with no travel insurance.. BIG mistake :( ) in the month of January 2024. Upon my arrival, I have been informed that my baggage was damaged during the travel and when I saw the bag condition it was worst, I straight away went to the baggage handling desk at the airport, looking at the same condition, they acknowledged the fault and filed a damaged report with an assurance that I will have time to find out the missing items and report to the airlines online service.
I managed to find the list of missing items within 2 days upon the travel and filled a feedback review on airline website. The first response I received was after 2 weeks, asking me to provide purchase receipt for the bag and no mention of how they will deal with other missing items. I received 2nd response after 6 weeks, asking for purchase receipts, photos of other missing items (I had provided the bag bill).
Ok, I had provided that as well. So far all was as per the documented process. But the final review judgement was sent to me with deduction of 20% in bag purchase amount and another approximation of how much I must have lost during the whole scenario without considering evidence provided. I felt a brand like Etihad airways has let me down big time. I am still fighting for a fair judgement with the baggage handling team. But want to alert others who will opt for Etihad airlines. Do not travel without travel insurance, as There is no assurance that the airline will handle your baggage with care and you will end up with a loss that no one is ready to recover.
I am giving 1 star rating for the baggage handling service of Etihad airways.

Date of travel: January 2024
    • Check-in and boarding
Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.