“Etihad Airlines - Honest experience”
Review of Etihad Airways

Reviewed 27 February 2024

Never again! First and last ever! Horrible experience starting with baggage check in, boarding and the interiors of the flight! Did not expect an international airline, which claims to be world class, to be this third class! They have ensured economy class is poorly equipped beginning with the size and quality of the seats to the pillows which may have been lying there for years. Not to mention, they do not even clean up the interiors properly after a flight! Food crumbs lying on the sides. Indian trains are better these days.
Baggage allowance is so strict that a 500 gms excess could wreck the airlines Oops!!! The food will be seen once it takes off. I surely am not flying with Etihad again!

• Check-in and boarding
Etihadairways, Manager at Etihad Airways, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2024

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We're sorry to hear about your experience. We strive to provide the highest standards of service and comfort to all our guests, and it's disheartening to learn that we fell short of your expectations. Your comments have been noted, and we will work diligently to address the issues you've raised to ensure a better experience for our valued passengers in the future. We appreciate your understanding and hope to have the opportunity to welcome you on board again under more favorable circumstances. *Ikra

Reviewed 27 February 2024

Horrible service by 1 crew member name Daniella. Also, customer service is horrible, not flying again. I’m still waiting for my refund for my coming soon flight

• Check-in and boarding

We're truly sorry to hear about your experience. Your feedback is important to us, and we'd like to address your concerns promptly. Could you please send us a private message via our social media channels with your booking details so we can assist you further? We're here to help. *Ikra

Reviewed 27 February 2024

No other flights can Match the COMFORT of ETIHAD AIRWAYS....The Crew was very Caring The Seat was very Comfortable I will never book tickets of any other flight one and only ETIHAD AIRWAYS SUPERB👌👌👌

• Check-in and boarding

Thank you for your kind words! We're delighted to hear that you enjoyed your experience with us. Your comfort and satisfaction are our top priorities, and we're thrilled to know that our crew and seats met your expectations. We look forward to welcoming you on board again soon. *Ikra

Reviewed 26 February 2024

I had travelled from Mumbai to London Heathrow with 2 minors / baby (with no travel insurance.. BIG mistake :( ) in the month of January 2024. Upon my arrival, I have been informed that my baggage was damaged during the travel and when I saw the bag condition it was worst, I straight away went to the baggage handling desk at the airport, looking at the same condition, they acknowledged the fault and filed a damaged report with an assurance that I will have time to find out the missing items and report to the airlines online service.
I managed to find the list of missing items within 2 days upon the travel and filled a feedback review on airline website. The first response I received was after 2 weeks, asking me to provide purchase receipt for the bag and no mention of how they will deal with other missing items. I received 2nd response after 6 weeks, asking for purchase receipts, photos of other missing items (I had provided the bag bill).
Ok, I had provided that as well. So far all was as per the documented process. But the final review judgement was sent to me with deduction of 20% in bag purchase amount and another approximation of how much I must have lost during the whole scenario without considering evidence provided. I felt a brand like Etihad airways has let me down big time. I am still fighting for a fair judgement with the baggage handling team. But want to alert others who will opt for Etihad airlines. Do not travel without travel insurance, as There is no assurance that the airline will handle your baggage with care and you will end up with a loss that no one is ready to recover.
I am giving 1 star rating for the baggage handling service of Etihad airways.

Date of travel: January 2024
Reviewed 26 February 2024

The First Class of Etihad Airways is simply the best. The First Class seat is more like a small room, with all the requirements of a luxurious travel experience. The crew make your bed, and the menu is great. The service of the cabin team was top-notch. Highly recommended.

• Check-in and boarding
Etihadairways, Manager at Etihad Airways, responded to this reviewResponded 26 February 2024

Hi there, thank you for the kind words. We are driven by reviews to make the experiences even better for our guests and we appreciate you taking the time to write to us. Have a great day. *Zia

Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.