“FABULOUS 🤩”
Review of Etihad Airways

Reviewed 27 February 2024

No other flights can Match the COMFORT of ETIHAD AIRWAYS....The Crew was very Caring The Seat was very Comfortable I will never book tickets of any other flight one and only ETIHAD AIRWAYS SUPERB👌👌👌

Date of travel: February 2024
    • Check-in and boarding
Etihadairways, Manager at Etihad Airways, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2024

Thank you for your kind words! We're delighted to hear that you enjoyed your experience with us. Your comfort and satisfaction are our top priorities, and we're thrilled to know that our crew and seats met your expectations. We look forward to welcoming you on board again soon. *Ikra

Reviewed 26 February 2024

I had travelled from Mumbai to London Heathrow with 2 minors / baby (with no travel insurance.. BIG mistake :( ) in the month of January 2024. Upon my arrival, I have been informed that my baggage was damaged during the travel and when I saw the bag condition it was worst, I straight away went to the baggage handling desk at the airport, looking at the same condition, they acknowledged the fault and filed a damaged report with an assurance that I will have time to find out the missing items and report to the airlines online service.
I managed to find the list of missing items within 2 days upon the travel and filled a feedback review on airline website. The first response I received was after 2 weeks, asking me to provide purchase receipt for the bag and no mention of how they will deal with other missing items. I received 2nd response after 6 weeks, asking for purchase receipts, photos of other missing items (I had provided the bag bill).
Ok, I had provided that as well. So far all was as per the documented process. But the final review judgement was sent to me with deduction of 20% in bag purchase amount and another approximation of how much I must have lost during the whole scenario without considering evidence provided. I felt a brand like Etihad airways has let me down big time. I am still fighting for a fair judgement with the baggage handling team. But want to alert others who will opt for Etihad airlines. Do not travel without travel insurance, as There is no assurance that the airline will handle your baggage with care and you will end up with a loss that no one is ready to recover.
I am giving 1 star rating for the baggage handling service of Etihad airways.

Date of travel: January 2024
Reviewed 26 February 2024

The First Class of Etihad Airways is simply the best. The First Class seat is more like a small room, with all the requirements of a luxurious travel experience. The crew make your bed, and the menu is great. The service of the cabin team was top-notch. Highly recommended.

Date of travel: February 2024
    • Check-in and boarding
Etihadairways, Manager at Etihad Airways, responded to this reviewResponded 26 February 2024

Hi there, thank you for the kind words. We are driven by reviews to make the experiences even better for our guests and we appreciate you taking the time to write to us. Have a great day. *Zia

Reviewed 26 February 2024

Very poor and unhelpful service, at new Abu Dhabi airport. The lady who check us in was so rude that at one point I had to ask why is she in this industry.
I flight the seats were so cramped that my 4 year's old child had to stay awake all 7 hours of flight. Inflght service was even worse. We had to literally plead to get a glass of water. The crew were so busy chatting at the rear of flight amongst themselves that they wouldn't even answer our request for attention.

We will never fly this third grade airways which is worse than Ryan Air.

All the awards they say they won must have been bought to inflate their lousy ego

Date of travel: January 2024
    • Check-in and boarding

Hi there, we are sorry to hear that your overall experience was not as expected and we do value your feedback. Please escalate this matter further via providing us all your details through our feedback form, https://www.etihad.com/en-ae/help/feedback allowing our Guest relations team to look into this. Thanks. *Zia

Reviewed 25 February 2024

Reason for the late review was due to waiting for Etihad to complete the compensation for our 7 hour flight delay on 28 November 2023.

We were travelling from London to Manila my wife, me and my 85 year old father in law who was a wheelchair passenger, all good and plane pushed back on time in Abu Dhabi but we were then informed there was a technical fault, after two hours returned to the gate and told they would get a replacement plane.

As the wait was over 3 hours my wife and I being silver members went to the lounge, on arrival we explained what had happened and requested they allow my father in law to join us in the lounge, the staff including the manager in charge refused him entry as he was not a silver member and explained he would have to pay.

I said this was a terrible way to treat regular passengers and an old man who does not drink and eats very little especially as the delay was down to Etihad, we left very upset and annoyed how we had been treated.

Within 24 hours of arriving we completed the online process to get our legal compensation, we had to continually chase, phone and hound the airline throughout the process we finally received our £520 per passenger on 22 February.

Etihad why is the process so hard when the compensation is covered by EU/UK law?

How can you treat regular loyal customers the way we were treated at Abu Dhabi airport lounge, will now use alternative airlines.

Date of travel: November 2023
    • Check-in and boarding
Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.