“My worst experience with ethihad”
Review of Etihad Airways

Reviewed 25 February 2024

It was my worst experience with ethihad..I travelled with my 1 and half year old baby I hate that day in my life.after 30 mins of boarding I asked them for water cabin crew told me wait when they will start serving food they will give u.i asked them 2-3 times again they didn't mind..I switched on the overhead light no body came to me even once

Date of travel: February 2024
Etihadairways, Manager at Etihad Airways, responded to this reviewResponded 26 February 2024

Hi there, we are sorry to hear that your overall experience was not as expected. Please escalate this matter further via providing us all your details through our feedback form: https://www.etihad.com/en-ae/help/feedback allowing our Guest relations team to look into this matter. Thanks. *Zia

Reviewed 25 February 2024

Dear Etihad,

pls see chats for transparency:
1. #2771524
You don't have a process when you reschedule flights and need to fix it.
My flight was rescheduled by 1 extra day, without my acceptance I got a flight ticket and had to get in touch with your Agents. Etihad agents sent me to Lufthansa for refund and Lufthansa sent me back to Etihad, only then they accepted their responsibility for refund.

Your change of flight meant that I needed to book another flight, with Emirates and take taxi to Dubai. Given it was done less than 24hrs before departure, I incurred extra costs and was offered no compensation.

Since Monday 19 Feb, I have not received any info regarding progress of my refund and compensation.

2. #2789971
The agent claimed that I did not contact Etihad prior to 21 Feb flight even though I provided chat number. I was told, no refund will be given. Moreover, I was told that my other flight 1 March was cancelled and I need to do new booking. Even though my etihad profile showed that I am confirmed for the flight 1 March.

3. #2790279
I contacted the Agent again to double check before purchasing a new ticket. Now I was told that my flight 1 March is ok and I can check in a few days. Two agents contradicted themselves within 2 hrs.

I expect that you provide me:
a. full refund for the rescheduled flight
b. compensation for extra costs: i) incurred by booking last minute Emirates ticket, ii) taxi Abu Dhabi - Dubai and iii) 3 hrs of time spent with your agents for the issue that you caused.

Etihad member: 500058406304

Thanks,

1  Thank Filip P
Etihadairways, Manager at Etihad Airways, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2024

Hi Filip, that doesn't sound Ideal. a change in your flight is not pleasant, and we totally understand that. We also, aim to operate our flights as scheduled, however, sometimes flight operations may be impacted by e.g. weather, technical reasons, government restrictions or other reasons. Please send us a Direct message through any of our social media channels with your booking reference to look into this for you and assist accordingly. *Kal

Reviewed 24 February 2024

Flight got delayed by 5 hours and they didn’t informed to anyone and there was chaos at checkin. As a compensation they given refreshment as idali sambar to everyone and there was no choice and they didn’t allow to seat in Dosa plaza where they arrange refreshment. Staff was like we don’t know anything its like technical issue.

Date of travel: February 2024

Hi there, I'm sorry to hear that your plans have been affected, a change in your flight is not pleasant, and we totally understand that. We also, aim to operate our flights as scheduled, however, sometimes flight operations may be impacted by e.g. weather, technical reasons, government restrictions or other reasons. Please raise that to our Guest Relations team on: http://bit.ly/EYFeedback, our team will investigate that and will get back to you with an outcome as soon as they can. *Kal

Reviewed 24 February 2024

This is the first time I was traveling by Etihad and was excited

Flight was from Abu Dhabi to Trivandrum and had made early bookings , online checking and seat selection all in advance .

But I was offloaded from a flight due to an error of the airlines for no fault of mine . This was a very important booking for me to meet someone and return the same day

The team and the team leader Mr. Osama are completely clueless as to what was wrong and with all his antics could not resolve the issue .

Who is going to pay for all the charges ?
I need full refund of my to and fro flight ticket as the mistake is of the airlines . I was well before time , had all my clearance and waiting for my flight. While boarding I am told that I am offloaded.

Imagine yourself leaving house 6 hours early to ensure to reach a flight to a airport that is 2 hrs away from home

This is the most pathetic service I received here. Never flying from Etihad and I would neither recommend anyone to fly .

Will be posting a review soon on Google with more details

Regards

• In-flight Entertainment
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and boarding
2  Thank Bjorn J
Etihadairways, Manager at Etihad Airways, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2024

Hi Bjorn, this doesn't sound Ideal. We would need to investigate what happened further on your behalf with our airport team. Please submit a case to our Guest Relations team on: https://www.etihad.com/en-ae/help/feedback. Our team will investigate that for you and revert with the outcome. *Kal

Reviewed 23 February 2024

Horrendous. First time flight was 5 hours late and did not make connection. Today waiting as the flight is now delayed 4 hours so far and will not make my connection. Stay away from this airline. First time shame on them today it is shame on me.

• Seat comfort
    • Customer service
    • Food and Beverage
    • Legroom
    • In-flight Entertainment
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and boarding
Etihadairways, Manager at Etihad Airways, responded to this reviewResponded 23 February 2024

We are sorry to hear that your flight is delayed. Please reach out to us via our social media channels for further assistance. *Ikra

Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.