“Disgusting and Embarrassing Experience”
Review of Etihad Airways

Reviewed 24 February 2024

This is the first time I was traveling by Etihad and was excited

Flight was from Abu Dhabi to Trivandrum and had made early bookings , online checking and seat selection all in advance .

But I was offloaded from a flight due to an error of the airlines for no fault of mine . This was a very important booking for me to meet someone and return the same day

The team and the team leader Mr. Osama are completely clueless as to what was wrong and with all his antics could not resolve the issue .

Who is going to pay for all the charges ?
I need full refund of my to and fro flight ticket as the mistake is of the airlines . I was well before time , had all my clearance and waiting for my flight. While boarding I am told that I am offloaded.

Imagine yourself leaving house 6 hours early to ensure to reach a flight to a airport that is 2 hrs away from home

This is the most pathetic service I received here. Never flying from Etihad and I would neither recommend anyone to fly .

Will be posting a review soon on Google with more details

Regards

Bjorn Joseph

2  Thank Bjorn J
Etihadairways, Manager at Etihad Airways, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2024

Hi Bjorn, this doesn't sound Ideal. We would need to investigate what happened further on your behalf with our airport team. Please submit a case to our Guest Relations team on: https://www.etihad.com/en-ae/help/feedback. Our team will investigate that for you and revert with the outcome. *Kal

Reviewed 23 February 2024

Horrendous. First time flight was 5 hours late and did not make connection. Today waiting as the flight is now delayed 4 hours so far and will not make my connection. Stay away from this airline. First time shame on them today it is shame on me.

• Check-in and boarding
Etihadairways, Manager at Etihad Airways, responded to this reviewResponded 23 February 2024

We are sorry to hear that your flight is delayed. Please reach out to us via our social media channels for further assistance. *Ikra

Reviewed 23 February 2024

My first time flying Etihad on this route though I have done the flight many times with their competitor.
The Swissport lounge at Athens airport was comfortable and quiet, food choices were somewhat limited. The A320 aircraft ATH/AUH was dated and not as comfortable as previous flights where a 777 is used but good service and food although the fake orange juice should be replaced with something authentic.
Terminal A and the Etihad lounge in AUH were amazing and there was plenty of quiet spots in the lounge to relax in and enjoy some tea and biscuits.
I had a great seat on the 777 to SYD but again this aircraft is not as luxurious as the A380 and I believe that for such a long flight the larger aircraft is a better option. I was really disappointed with the amenity kit, it was very poorly stocked, an abundance of sanitizer wipes and hand sanitizer but apart from hand cream, fragrance no other cosmetics.
The dine on demand is excellent, to choose when you want to sleep and eat makes the flight do much be and the food was delicious. The crew were amazing.

• Check-in and boarding

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We're glad to hear that you enjoyed various aspects of your journey and appreciate your valuable insights for improvement. *Ikra

Reviewed 22 February 2024

I love the quality of the airline. Everyone is polite and they do meet high standards. My only complaint is that the screens in front of you should be changed, as the one I had was quite faulty.

• Check-in and boarding

Thank you for your kind words and feedback! We're thrilled to hear that you enjoyed the quality of our airline and the excellent service provided by our team. We'll definitely take note of your suggestion regarding the screens and work towards enhancing your overall experience. Your satisfaction is our top priority! *Ikra

Reviewed 22 February 2024

Trip with ethiad was fantastic.
My daughter really enjoyed overall
journey. This flight has very supportive crew understand the passenger needs.

• Check-in and boarding

We're delighted to hear that you and your daughter had a fantastic trip with Etihad Airways! Our crew is dedicated to providing exceptional service and ensuring that all passengers have a comfortable and enjoyable journey. Your kind words are truly appreciated, and we look forward to welcoming you both onboard again soon! *Ikra

Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.