“Makes Ryanair look classy!”
Review of Etihad Airways

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Some time ago, we booked to come to Singapore as my wife spent 6 years of her childhood here, with her parents.

I have mobility and health problems so Business Class was essential and after reviewing the options, we chose Etihad.

What a mistake.

First problem trying to contact their "Customer Service" (there's a joke) to arrange airport assistance. I tried 3 times and got nowhere fast. My wife took over from me, was hung up on, given wrong number and finally spoke to someone who only showed any interest, when he discovered we were traveling Business.

Leg to Abu Dhabi on A380 I have to admit wasn't bad. At Abu Dhabi was where the problems started.

Taken from aircraft to lounge by wheelchair OK. Only when collected for next flight when I was wheeled to a gate and told to climb on to a bus, not easy but OK. Bus then took us miles across airport to a waiting Boeing 777 with stairs to climb. Pointed out that if I could climb stairs well, I wouldn't need wheelchair assistance. Staff were no help at all. It was only with the kind help of fellow passengers, we actually got on board.

For Business Class on a 'flag' carrier the aircraft was a disgrace. Not very clean, trim falling off seats and panels and the noise once it started! Also the advertising for Etihad Business Class said lie flat seats, 6'6" legroom. I couldn't put my seat down flat but the most legroom I could achieve must have been about 5'6" (I'm 6'4")

All in all by the time we arrived in Singapore, I was in agony. I spent the first three days of our "holiday of a lifetime", flat on my back in bed on painkillers.

After this I contacted Etihad Customer Service to vent my spleen.

Fortunately I copied the agent we booked through as apart from an automated response, I heard nothing. She contacted me to say what did I think about the reply the she had received but was never sent to me.

Since then this young lady has been trying her best to ensure that the return journey isn't the same as the outward one.

Etihad though are just not interested!

Two further emails I've sent haven't been answered and I'm sitting here in Singapore, dreading our journey home.

What should of been a marvelous holiday of remembrance has turned into a three week stay, of dread of the impending flights.

I can only, with all my might, urge, do not use this airline.

3  Thank Geoffrey B
EtihadHelper, Manager at Etihad Airways, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Geoffrey B,

Thank you for contacting us.

In order for us to investigate this further, kindly provide us with your Etihad booking reference or ticket number starting with 607 on a private message.

Yours sincerely

(Sami*)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We booked a flight from Palma de Mallorca to New Delhi, at first our flights were operated by Air Berlin and because of the bankrupt of this company, Etihad exchanged our Flight without asking us if we agree with that. Now we are arriving late at Delhi and we have to change our Plans. I think if they exchange our flights they should give us other options in order to adapt that to our plan.

Dear Miquela M,
Thank you for contacting us.
Yours sincerely,
(Sami*)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Wow what a service. With 30 € extra payment I have upgraded from Economy to Business Class and even when the flight was only 3 hours I enjoyed this experience.

• Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)

Hello Mike S, Thank you for your big compliments and your full star rating. We appreciate you took your time writing about your experience with us. It’s always good to hear our guests enjoyed their time with us. Thank you so much. *Sami

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Whenever I know I'm flying out to Sydney, my first airline of choice is Etihad, having flown with them on numerous occasions. One of the main reasons is the excellent inflight service and secondly, the price. You know you're going to get value for money with Etihad.

The inflight service is exceptionally good as is the food choice. Cabin crew are always on hand if you need anything which is essential on long haul flights.

Would have no hesitation in recommending them as the airline of choice. My last flight with them was November 2016 and I'm booked to fly out with them once again in March 2018.

Hi AnnTune,
Thank you very much for reaching out to us and letting us know about your experience. We are happy you enjoy flying with us and would recommend our flights. Hope to see you again soon. :) *Sky

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

First time with Etihad and very disappointed. Cabin was cramped and hot - could actually touch the window it was so hot. Became dehydrated and hardly saw cabin staff. Will stick to Qatar or Emirates in future. I was even charged 38 pounds for 2kg extra on 2 cases.

• Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
1  Thank MrKippers

Hi MrKippers,

we regret you were not entirely satisfied with your experience with us. We do understand the importance of a comfortable flight, and we will pass on your feedback so we can improve our future services. *Sky