“disappointed”
Review of Etihad Airways

Reviewed 7 August 2016

I was particularly disappointed in the food, I pre ordered Gluten free option and I pretty much got the same meal each time with exactly same salad and fruit and bread roll was a rock! Impossible to eat. Gluten free food is not that hard to provide and bread doesn't have to be so bad/hard. The first meal I received was a Halal meal I worked out so didn't eat hardly any of it. I saw it had crackers so realised something was wrong. Also service not great and onboard staff were not very friendly.I would probably choose Emirates over Eithad next time on the same route as I travelled with Emirates last year and service and food were excellent.

Date of travel: June 2016
1  Thank AnnieC0
EtihadHelper, Manager at Etihad Airways, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2016

Dear AnnieC0,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We regret to learn of your disappointment, and we apologise for the inconvenience caused. If you would like for our Guest Relations team to look into the issues you mentioned in your review, kindly send your feedback, email address and booking reference to us via private message, or via socialmedia@etihad.ae. Thank you.

Reviewed 7 August 2016

Flight was delayed 1 hr and more minutes. As the luggage was not loaded that's the reply from the crew members, due to plane standing for one hour or more even the air conditioned was almost shut off and its too hot. Plus no water in bathroom they were providing nestle bottles to wash off and crew members were being so impolite mentioning to each other that i would be needing more water on board as water is finishing in washroom businesses as if it's passengers mistake to go for nature's call to bathroom. Bad smell and suffocation is what I faced which was pretty exhausting specially when you are all set to travel back home.

1  Thank mahiblog

Dear MahiBlog,

Reviewed 7 August 2016

I book for 1st time in Etihad airways before 6 years ago , I traveled from Abudhabi to Bahrain in economy class and it was one good flight as service ,seats and overall , and then in 2014 I thought to try Business class from Muscat to Bangkok because there was good deals .

Planes are nice , some of them are latest in market , and from AUH to BKK we traveled via Boeing 777 .seats are comfortable but a bit tight , could be a flat bed withing seconds which is very good for long flights .

Services on plane are good , flight crew are helpful,food is nice ,entertainment is enough to make you busy during your time on board, but I have a complain as I traveled back from Bangkok to Abudhabi and when I ask for my dinner crew answered me that we don't serve dinner as the flight were in early morning around 3 Am !! ,OK then serve me with breakfast and replay was will serve breakfast after some time approximately 2 hours, which is unacceptable for top Airline and in Business class .

Prices are good for most of time over year , and regular deals are the best you could get .

Amenities are fair for business class but could not be compared to other airlines in region .

Lounge in Abudhabi is nice ,comfy and has all services you want , but in Bangkok it was very poor , service wise and even in term of bervarges and food.

Also I would like to mention two negative points in Abudhabi airport ,first it's too far from arrival gates to business lounge and there is no cart service , my wife was pregnant and we had to walk all the way to lounge which took us 10 to 15 minutes , second there is no separate lane in security check for business class so we have to wait in same lane of economy class plus officers were too rude, .

Overall my experience was good in both cabins ,and I liked chuffer service they provided to us as extra free service for business class travelers, and i enjoy sleeping and using their seat , and I hope that they improve services and took my notes in consideration in future .

Note: I emailed the company about my complains after flight but didn't receive any replay , hope that my review will be read by some one in charge in Etihad airways and replay me .

Date of travel: September 2015
1  Thank Mhnd
EtihadHelper, Manager at Etihad Airways, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2016

Hi Mhnd,

Thank you for sharing your detailed feedback with us. We really appreciate reading about your experience and your thoughts.
Could you please confirm whether you have received an Interaction (INTR) or Case (RQID) number from our Guest Relations team?
If so, please send it to us via private message so that we can follow up on your interaction. Thank you *Sky

Reviewed 7 August 2016 via mobile

Really enjoyed my flights with Etihad Airways couldn't fault them, was lucky enough to return home on their new Dreamliner which was super nice and fitted with lots of new modcons like electric window screens and updated inflight entertainment!
Food was good, didn't always get my first choice but the second was always just as good, and it's nice to have three options to choose from unlike most airline which only offer two.
Seats were comfortable and reclined well, with the base of the seat moving out as the chair moved back to make a more relaxed recliner, amenities and items supplied on the plane were great. I loved the sleep mask which indicated if you wanted to be woken for your meal or continue to sleep.
Really loved the camera mode on the inflight entertainment where you can see a view of what's below the plane or what the view for the pilots would be like.
Will recommend and fly again.

Dear Cassandra,

Thank you for taking the time to share your wonderful experience with us. We appreciate your kind words, and it makes us very happy to know that you enjoyed the services, meals, and Inflight Entertainment on board. We sincerely hope that this means we will be seeing you again in the near future. Thank you!

Kind regards, *Kim

Reviewed 7 August 2016

Flight 1 - Auckland to Melbourne. Seats were spacious, food was good and staff were friendly.

Flight 2 - Melbourne to Abu Dhabi. Once on board, we were told there was a delay with leaving which was ok. Staff were helpful. Seats were much smaller than the first flight which was surprising and quite uncomfortable so I used their neck pillows to sit on. The TV was huge but surprisingly we couldn't use the in-flight entertainment right at the start like other airlines. We had to wait until the seatbelt sign was turned off which was ok. The food was pretty average, however you did have 3 choices which was nice.

Abu Dhabi airport - What an absolute shambles!!! When getting off the plane, No one knew where to go, you were hurded like sheep only to find that a thousand other people are doing the same just trying to get through the bag scanner place before trying to find your next plane. It took an hour to get through, it was hot (42 degrees) felt like no aircon (because of the amount of people) and the whole process was super stressful with what seemed like no one to guide and help you to show you were to go.

Flight 3 - Abu Dhabi to Rome. After a hideous experience trying to board the plane, by encountering some rude people, catching an over crowded bus to the plane, then a short walk up stairs in 42 degree heat with people trying to push past. We get on the plane and again to my surprise, small as seats! I'm 5'8 and. It was tight for me. My husband is 6'3 so you can imagine what it was like for him. Again 3 choices for food which is good. Unfortunately the in-flight entertainment is a bit of a joke with a handful (at most) latest movies with the rest being really, really old!! A great selection of international films for people though but again they are all pretty much outdated. On landing, they make you hand back the headset about 45 mins before you land and ask to put your seat back upright (because we are landing soon), really... 45 mins beforehand? I'd say that's a bit early but maybe because I'm used to other airlines.

Land in Rome and glad to be off the plane!

Service/staff - Good and friendly enough
Seats - Smaller than any airline I've ever been on!
In-flight entertainment - Average to say the least. Quite disappointing and they should follow others

Dear bodycrusher,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We regret to learn of your disappointment, and we apologise for the inconvenience caused. If you would like for our Guest Relations team to look into the issues you mentioned in your review, kindly send your feedback, email address and booking reference to us via socialmedia@etihad.ae. Thank you.

Yours sincerely, *Kim

Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.