“tight squeese”
Review of Etihad Airways

Reviewed 4 July 2016

I have flown to my daughters home in Auckland New Zealand a couple of times in the past 3 years with Etihad Airlines and although am a seasoned traveller, at 6'2" I find the seating awful. Pitch and distance from the seat in front make for a very uncomfortable and very long journey. Rigor mortis could set in and you wouldn't know. The cabin service is excellent but trying to eat a meal requires a dexterity that only those that practice yoga would have little trouble although that might even be an exaggeration. One needs to coordinate ones arm movements exactly in time with ones neighbour otherwise most of what is on the fork ends up in ones lap.
I am convinced that between my first flight with Etihad and second one the seat positions were changed and I have now to consider DVT before travelling again on such a long journey.

Date of travel: August 2015
    • Check-in and boarding
EtihadHelper, Manager at Etihad Airways, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2016

Hi Hubert A, thanks for your feedback. Please let us via a direct message when you need any help in the future while traveling with us. *Yas

Reviewed 4 July 2016

If all goes well, you're good. But God save you if the airlines misplaces or luggage or something goes wrong. My family flew from Chicago to New Delhi and somehow the airlines managed to misplace all of their luggage. The staff at the airport are lost souls with no clue as to how to handle this seemingly "frequent" problem. The numbers given are all bogus..half-filled PIR forms and no way to contact the airlines. I have had luggage delayed while travelling with other airlines, but never before have I been so helpless as now.
While other airlines go out of their way to make sure your baggage reaches you and you are updated of its status, Etihad takes special measures to screw up their already disenchanted customers. Way to go!

Date of travel: July 2016
    • Check-in and boarding

Hi Shreya G, we regret to hear that. Please feel free to share the details with us via a direct message and our Guest Relations team will look into it for you. *Yas

Reviewed 4 July 2016

Have flown Etihad Airways many times. They are not the cheapest by far but the customer service makes it worth it .

Date of travel: January 2016

HI DanZehr, thanks for the compliment :) *Yas

Reviewed 4 July 2016

It was really a worst experience and the way I was in the boarding gate was worst! I checked in all the bags and verified my carry on in my initial starting point. As everything was good, I landed smoothly in Dallas. But in Dallas, I was asked to put my carry on bag in the small box they kept. But it didnt go thru and I was asked to pay 300 dollars to check in the bag. As I had no other choice I bought new small bag in the airport and transferred all the items to that and had thrown away the old one. I was disappointed. When I approached the Etihad team, I was not given proper answer and I was treated very badly as If I was flying for free... Worst! I will never fly again and I will not suggest this to anyone!!!!

Date of travel: June 2016
    • Check-in and boarding
EtihadHelper, Manager at Etihad Airways, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2016

Dear Bharani,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We regret to learn of your disappointment, and we apologise for the inconvenience caused, as well as for the delay in our response. May we ask if you have an ongoing case with us? If yes, please send us your case reference number (RQID or INTR) so that we can look into it for you. Thank you.

Kind regards, *Kim

Reviewed 3 July 2016 via mobile

I am a gold member of Etihad and I recently traveled with them. Overall, the flight was OK, the food was fine and the service was acceptable. What was not acceptable was the after travel service with them, and hence my score.

Date of travel: July 2016

Dear nadhemjf,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We regret to learn of your disappointment, and we apologise for the inconvenience caused. If you would like for us to look into the issues you experienced, kindly send more details regarding your feedback, along with your email address and booking reference to us via private message, or via socialmedia@etihad.ae. Thank you.

Yours sincerely, *Kim

Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.