“Emirate 10/10”
Review of Emirates

Reviewed 29 April 2024

I had an absolute wonderful experience on my flight to Dubai and then Auckland. Some on the return journey. The crew were very good and friendly and always kept smiling, even on that very long flight to New Zealand :-) As a vegan, I was pleasantly surprised and happy with the vegan meals. I would absolutely recommend Emirates to others and choose flying with them again. On the way back, my flight to Dubai was cancelled due to bad weather conditions. As expected, it took a while to reach customer service, but when I did, I was helped very adequately to make sure I could catch the next possible flight back.

Date of travel: March 2024
1  Thank Cathelijne B

Reviewed 29 April 2024

Right from the start it was difficult to deal with Emirates. Their website is clunky and just doesn't work properly. They charge for every little add on including booking a seat. It was $181 just for one leg of my trip and that was only for a window seat. Not extra leg room. There was an issue with the seat the allocated to me and so they moved me but wouldn't let me move to one of the seats with extra leg room even though there were many open leg room seats as the cost of booking these seats was exhorbitant. And get this: I asked if they would refund my $181 if I paid the price for the extra leg room seat as I was being moved to a seat way less favourable than my original seat. They said no. I would have to pay the full cost of the new seat on top of the cost of the previous set. Then I bought the WiFi, which again, I thought was very expensive and it didn't work. I asked the flight attendant and he said I had to contact the provider - obviously I couldn't do that while I was in the air as the WiFi didn't work. When I contacted them when I was on the ground I didn't get a response. I tried to contact Emirates to raise my concerns. You can't contact them without putting an email address into their website, which I did. They told me that my email wasn't a valid email address. Yes, their food was pretty good and the seats were pretty comfortable but the customer service was poor (I'm a gold member so I wonder what they're like to other members) and they charge irrationally for every extra. I wouldn't fly with them again.

Reviewed 29 April 2024

I had flight from Dac-Dxb-lax on 22nd april. One of my baggage delayed from Dxb to lax. I have got my baggage after two days of arrival. I had full baggage of frozen food and all of them spoiled. Full baggage weight was 30 KG. I even paid extra 75$ for extra weight.

Reviewed 29 April 2024

Emirates left thousands of passengers stranded for up to 3 days in Dubai airport, some with children with no help or explanation. They have no contingency for rain and no interest in human care. They have provided no compensation for the impacted passengers. They claim that missing luggage was also due to the rain… they provide no help when things get tough and I will never be flying with them again. They also required me to fill out a medical form to board and they took zero notice of my one requirement (more drinking water than average) and, despite being able bodied, would not allow me to purchase the bulkhead seats after having spoken to me in person (a fit and healthy 35 year old with just a touch of hydrocephalus) due to the fact, and I’m quoting here I’m “disabled.”

2  Thank Michaela F
Reviewed 28 April 2024

Last month I flew with Emirates twice. On the first flight everything went fine; cabin crew was very friendly, the food was good and I was offered a drink a few times. On the way back staff wasn’t very friendly and was sloppy. Cabin crew forgot to serve food to several passengers. If the girls sitting next to me hadn’t be so helpful I wouldn’t have gotten any food at all on the flight. On that same flight we only got a drink twice, which is not enough on a seven hour flight. What was weird is that Emirates doesn’t offer vegetarian food; it’s either beef or pork. So I wouldn’t recommend flying with Emirates to vegetarians.
The inflight entertainment programme is welcome on a long flight.

Date of travel: March 2024
    • Check-in and boarding
Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.