“GREAT AIRLINE!”
Review of Emirates

Reviewed 2 April 2024

Emirates was such a good experience in economy class. We went from Auckland to Dubai. and the TVs were big and the seat was very comfortable. They also had a good movie selection and most importantly a smooth landing. For an economy class on an airline i think this is the best your can get. Totally Recommended

Date of travel: June 2023

Reviewed 2 April 2024

We travelled a party of 2 from Dublin to Dubai in march 2024. This leg of the journey went without any problems and made a fantastic start to a fantastic holiday where there was no need to complain about anything it was a 5 * holiday. The outbound flight was the same as any other flight / airline we had used before, but if I had a choice I would say Aerlingas long haul is better. There was nothing outstanding and nothing to complain about.

Come to travelling home from Dubai to Dublin. It got off to a bad start because we had arrived at terminal 2 when we should have been at terminal 3 of course this was my mistake and because we left our hotel hours before our flight it really was not an issue. The problem we had was another 15 minute journey in a taxi to terminal 3.

2 taxi s later we were at the correct terminal and we were told to go to the self service it would be quicker. While in the self service it was obvious the check in desks were a lot quicker but never mind we got checked in with self service easlily enough.

The airport is huge and you need to get a train/monorail to your gate area s, all went smoothly with this and we managed to be in the correct area for our gates.

We decided to get Mcdonalds as they have a far better menu than we do in Ireland. We were receiving messages on our phones stating gate opened at 13-50 and closes at 14-15. We still had time before the gate opened so started to head towards the gate and take a bathroom stop. My daughter started to feel unwell and needed to use the bathroom again. I was rushing along and checking the time we still had 15 minutes before the gate closed so we started to walk to the gate it was quite a long walk but 10 minutes before the gate closed we approached it. One of the boarding staff started shouting across the airport GATE IS CLOSING. I was a bit suprised because i had clearly been receiving messages stating 14.15 and it was 9 minutes before this time. I had the phone in my hand and when we passed over our tickets and passports to board I did say I didnt think we were late Ive been receiving messages and we still have 8 minutes before the gate closes. The female staff who was taking the tickets and passports said "well do you want to take the 8 minutes," but not even in a joking light hearted manner just in pure disgust and looking across to other staff rolling her eyes. I replied with "no we are here now". When we went through the doors to board the plane there was noone directing you where to go which was also strange. So I turned around and ask where do we need to go. The same female worker who took the passports SHOUTED "DOWN". I found this to be very RUDE and I have travelled with all different airlines including budget Ryanir and Jet Blue and I have never come across airline staff speaking to customers so vile. I do beleive I am not a dog been told to get down while jumping up. The staff at the boarding gate compared to 10 days travel to Dubai and being on holiday let the whole experience down.
Id only said it that morning to my daughter, travelling home was still part of the holiday and experience and to make the most of it. Well you could say the holiday was well and truely over at this stage. We walked down the tunnel to board the flight and people were still in the tunnel it took a futher 12 minutes to get to our seats and seated due to the queue, so Im wondering why the rush at the boarding gate.

We had paid an extra €100 to sit at the back of the plane in the 2 seats so I was near a window and my daughter wasnt in the middle seat and someone at the side of her. When we got seated my daughter realised her seat was broken, it would not stay in place when she sat back it reclined and sat forward it bounced back. When everyone was seated we asked the flight attendant about it and asked could we take the 2 seats at the other side which were free and he said they are reserved for staff and he would look at it once we took off and seat belt signs turned off. Im not sure the seat was safe for take off if there was any incident during take off.

Once the flight had took off and the seat belt signs turned off the male cabin staff came to try and fix the seat he said normally if you just do this and this it will reset the seat but he was unable to fix it.

Is anyone reporting these seats as faulty from the previous flight because it was faulty when we arrived at our seats, Its very bad when you charge for seats that are broken. Once he had finished trying to fix it the seat was actually worse because it was now sticking into my daughters back at the bottom. He did go off to find alternative seats which were in the middle Isle and not seat for seat not even the window which is why I paid for my seats. My daughter wasnt feeling well so she didnt want to move on her own neither did she want to move to be in the middle of the middle seats so she just tried to go to sleep and not move in the seat. Its still not acceotable when the seat could have been fixed before we boarded. Or given alternative seats at check in. Id previously seen the people who were sitting in the vacant seats be moved to the seats in front so there must have also been an issue with those seats as well. That was the hold up getting seated when boarding.

The food was lovely (dairy free) travelling from Dublin to Dubai I managed to eat everything from the 2 meals provided but I was unable to eat anything on the return flight from Dubai apart from a piece of fish. I couldnt even say what the food was on the return journey it was inedible for anyone travelling to Dublin and while I understand the food is different from Ireland than what is made in Dubai I cant even say it resembelled quisine from Dubai.

Dublin to Dubai flight 8/10 Dubai to Dublin Flight 1/10 disappointing

3  Thank Kay7171
Reviewed 2 April 2024

What can I say ! If you travel with emirates you must try the first class ! is absolutely outstanding, the suites are very spaces and comfortable, the food menu is like in one of the best restaurants you ever eaten. Now back to service, I have over 21 years of experience in hospitality running very well know restaurant's and hotels, believe me, nothing can go unnoticed! the guy who look after us just couldn’t do more, attention to detail 110% thanks once again.
Ps: if i will mange saves enough money for sure you will see me again !!

Date of travel: April 2024
1  Thank thomasbH4775CF
Reviewed 1 April 2024

We were looking forward to flying Emirates as we had read nothing but glowing reviews about them, sadly we did not have a great flight experience on our multi stop trip.
We flew economy and paid extra for the 2 seat plan. We found the seats very narrow and felt really squashed in. The flight attendants did not seem well trained, they either seemed to be very unapproachable and distant, or inappropriately engaging in small talk with one or 2 passengers during busy periods like meal service, leaving the rest of the customers waiting unduly for food service, but not seemin to notice or care.

The meals themselves were fine, however you were presented with a very overloaded tray including snacks (usually on long haul these are served at different times across the journey), it was off-putting and made it uncomfortable as there was nowhere to put the snacks as you jostled for elbow space to even eat the meal due to how narrow the spaces are.
It gave a feeling of a real lack of customer care, shoving everything at you at once then walking off. They do provide proper cutlery and that’s nice, and the food itself is of decent quality and there’s certainly enough of it.

Trying to get the flight attendant’s attention was difficult, and they even ignored me on more than one occasion when they came to collect rubbish - I ended up twice taking my rubbish directly to them, which shouldn’t really happen.

The bathroom facilities are good, the inflight entertainment is ok (although I started watching a film on one flight to find it wasn’t available on the connecting one even though same model plane), the headphones are incredibly poor quality, but I couldn’t seem to get the Bluetooth to work.
Overall it gave the impression of a shove them in shove them out experience more expected on a short haul budget flight. One of our planes was nicer, it was a bigger airbus 800 (I think?), but the service and style was still poor compared to say, Virgin Atlantic.

We were left disappointed in our experience they just don’t have that extra special flair or touch that we had been led to believe of Emirates. Very bog standard I would say. Planes did run on time though…

2  Thank Elise_Anne2019
Reviewed 1 April 2024

Flew with family from Newcastle to Dubai for holiday, as we have done several previous times. Ok experience overall but would make the following observations:-
1. Flight times from Newcastle remain terrible, arriving in Dubai at just after midnight - losing the first day of a holiday. It’s just as bad on the return journey from Dubai to Newcastle, leaving Dubai at 0720. The flight times need to improve.
2. On Newcastle to Dubai flights many passengers immediately queue around the service areas requesting drinks almost from take off and are indulged by staff. Some people manage to drink alcohol during the entire flight. This delays the inflight service - for people remaining in their seats and not trying to grab as much as they can, it takes longer than it should do to get a drink and the service of the food is delayed, as staff are preoccupied with serving the “guzzlers”, who, in my view, should be discouraged.
3. Food quality has deteriorated. On Newcastle to Dubai flights you get lunch, which is ok, and a snack, which used to be a pastry or sandwich. This time the “snack” was a tub of ( unpleasant ) ice cream or a bag of popcorn. Disappointing.
4. The cost - flights are very much more expensive with no noticeable improvement in service.

• Check-in and boarding
Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.