“Service deteriorated”
Review of Emirates

Reviewed 2 March 2024

Have flown with Emirates several times last time pre Covid. Whilst the plane does give extra leg room and some comforts such as the screen access and a blanket and pillow given, service is really basic. One drink and half a cup of coffee on my incoming flight which was over 7hours. Had to ask 3 times for milk for my coffee. Yes you could buzz for another drink or go to galley and ask but don’t want to disturb others sitting next to you.

Reviewed 2 March 2024

We've just returned from our holiday to Vietnam.

We pre-purchased our seats 12 months ago because my wife suffers from a medical condition and need seats with leg room. 12 hours before departure we checked in online to see our seats had been changed and we were at opposite ends if the plane.

We contacted customer service and tried to get seats that were at least together and were told to reclaim the money we paid for our original seats.

We arrived back a month ago and this still ongoing without a refund even though we have complained and filled every form they've asked us to.

First I complained about the lack of notice we were given, 24 hours. They said they don't have a computer program that tells customers if their seat is changed.

Then I complained that my wife had such an uncomfortable 7.5 hour flight because of her medical condition in a seat that wasn't suitable and not the same type as the one we purchased to be shot down and told it was.

Then I filled the two separate forms out for the refund of our seats for them to be rejected because of the incorrect ticket numbers Emirates customer service had themselves told us to put on the forms! I've jyst filled both forms out again to get an email to say it'll be 15 working days, three weeks, to get our refund for a problem we didn't create! Almost two months! Unbelievable.

I onced claimed money back from British Airways fir a cancelled flight and that literally took 5 minutesvand got my refund within a couple of days.

My impression of Emirates is they have zero empathy for their customers and try to make ut as difficult as possible to claim refunds in the hope you'll give up.

Not how I'd expected to be treated by an airline ranked 4th best in the world!

By all means book your flight with Emirates. It was a good experience but just hope nothing goes wrong because their customer service is shocking!!

Date of travel: January 2024
1  Thank SteveT158
Reviewed 2 March 2024

Incredibly unhelpful, initial flight was delayed and resulted in us missing connecting flight, had great seats before, had to rebook a day later, did not get any help, stuck on terrible seats and had to cancel all my birthday plans which had to miss as a result. Attendant manager didn’t give a toss about anything and just said to contact the airline. They could have at least offered business class (which was empty too. To add we are gold members. Doesn’t count for anything.

Reviewed 2 March 2024

After waiting two years to reunite with my family in Dubai from San Francisco, Emirates lost my bag containing all my clothes, luxury items, and gifts. Despite two weeks of promises and assurances, they still haven't found my bag or offered compensation. This has completely ruined my trip, leaving me without essential items like makeup and clothing, including a dress for my cousin's wedding that I had to replace. As a loyal customer, I'm deeply disappointed in Emirates' handling of this situation.
Make sure to put an air tag in your bag as until this date they can’t locate mine, which mean it was stolen!
Very angry and disappointed! Never again emirates, I’m replacing you!

Date of travel: December 2023
Reviewed 1 March 2024

Perfect it so good . You should fly then at all cost even if it is 10000 CAD . You should fly it . The fruits were so delicious. They were the best among the rest.

• Check-in and boarding
Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.