“Why is Emirates customer service so bad?”
Review of Emirates

Reviewed 2 March 2024

We've just returned from our holiday to Vietnam.

We pre-purchased our seats 12 months ago because my wife suffers from a medical condition and need seats with leg room. 12 hours before departure we checked in online to see our seats had been changed and we were at opposite ends if the plane.

We contacted customer service and tried to get seats that were at least together and were told to reclaim the money we paid for our original seats.

We arrived back a month ago and this still ongoing without a refund even though we have complained and filled every form they've asked us to.

First I complained about the lack of notice we were given, 24 hours. They said they don't have a computer program that tells customers if their seat is changed.

Then I complained that my wife had such an uncomfortable 7.5 hour flight because of her medical condition in a seat that wasn't suitable and not the same type as the one we purchased to be shot down and told it was.

Then I filled the two separate forms out for the refund of our seats for them to be rejected because of the incorrect ticket numbers Emirates customer service had themselves told us to put on the forms! I've jyst filled both forms out again to get an email to say it'll be 15 working days, three weeks, to get our refund for a problem we didn't create! Almost two months! Unbelievable.

I onced claimed money back from British Airways fir a cancelled flight and that literally took 5 minutesvand got my refund within a couple of days.

My impression of Emirates is they have zero empathy for their customers and try to make ut as difficult as possible to claim refunds in the hope you'll give up.

Not how I'd expected to be treated by an airline ranked 4th best in the world!

By all means book your flight with Emirates. It was a good experience but just hope nothing goes wrong because their customer service is shocking!!

Date of travel: January 2024
1  Thank SteveT158

Reviewed 2 March 2024

Incredibly unhelpful, initial flight was delayed and resulted in us missing connecting flight, had great seats before, had to rebook a day later, did not get any help, stuck on terrible seats and had to cancel all my birthday plans which had to miss as a result. Attendant manager didn’t give a toss about anything and just said to contact the airline. They could have at least offered business class (which was empty too. To add we are gold members. Doesn’t count for anything.

Reviewed 2 March 2024

After waiting two years to reunite with my family in Dubai from San Francisco, Emirates lost my bag containing all my clothes, luxury items, and gifts. Despite two weeks of promises and assurances, they still haven't found my bag or offered compensation. This has completely ruined my trip, leaving me without essential items like makeup and clothing, including a dress for my cousin's wedding that I had to replace. As a loyal customer, I'm deeply disappointed in Emirates' handling of this situation.
Make sure to put an air tag in your bag as until this date they can’t locate mine, which mean it was stolen!
Very angry and disappointed! Never again emirates, I’m replacing you!

Date of travel: December 2023
Reviewed 1 March 2024

Perfect it so good . You should fly then at all cost even if it is 10000 CAD . You should fly it . The fruits were so delicious. They were the best among the rest.

Reviewed 1 March 2024

MOTH IN FOOD- EMIRATES AIRLINES FLIGHT EK 0434-
06 FEB 2024
As I was eating my food, it was an omelette with mushrooms and a chicken sausage, I felt something furry inside my mouth. I obviously pulled it out. It was this moth- looking creature with black eyes and had tentacles. It was the size of a single knuckle with the feelers stretching out to the second knuckle. I called for the air- hostess. When she saw it, she was like, "Oh my God! I'm so sorry! Can I offer you something from business class?" So I said that that thing was in my mouth and that I don't think I could eat anything as I wanted to throw up. And then proceeded to throw up.
Multiple times. The manager in Zone F, Rabi, and the air hostess, Michelle, were both very kind an apologetic, however, a complaint was lodged on the flight and I have yet to hear from Emirates. Michelle gave me those free things they give out in first class, and said it does not make up for what has happened. It does not. Why has Emirates failed to make contact, or even bother apologising? I asked to take a picture of the 'thing', and Rabi said that since we were in Australia, they disposed of it immediately. However, I overheard him asking Michelle if she took a picture, to which she responded,
"Yes " They clearly did not want me having proof of any of this. Severely disappointed in Emirates.

This isn’t a complaint against the staff- As an enterprise, if a complaint was lodged on flight and the consumer told that they would be contacted- the consumer should have been contacted.

• Food and Beverage
Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.