“Worst experience, will not book or recommend emirates to anyone.”
Review of Emirates

Reviewed 30 September 2021

Booked my return flight from Bengaluru to Istanbul for my first anniversary trip. I was excited to travel with emirates, heard it’s an amazing flight experience not only from others but from my husband as well but post booking the flight tickets emirates ruined my experience. First they Cancelled the flight from Dubai to Bengaluru and gave us another flight option, for which I requested time to work out my other factors that were costing me additional amount because of emirates flight change like stay extension in Istanbul, another day leave, extra expenditures post that etc etc….. we took decision and opted to change our flight and pick emirates as a flight partner for our important trip again (with additional expenditures offcourse for other factors which we were now paying from our pockets…..).
Now, when we called customer service to do the respective changes got another shock from emirates…. flight from Dubai to Bangalore which they were giving as an option to passengers cancelled again like within 24 hours.
We invested time in planning again our entire flight trip, options and requested the customer service representative to just cancel the return flights from Istanbul to Bangalore so we can book another airline which was suiting our travel requirement, but how can emirates see their passengers happy.
They were letting us cancel the tickets on their own wish and will, either cancel the full ticket and take refund or make the trip one way (btw amount for this was only inr 10k less then what I was paying for my return trip from Bengaluru to Istanbul).
WORST EXPERIENCE. Will never book emirates again.

Date of travel: September 2021
2  Thank Karishma1609

Reviewed 29 September 2021

Emirates cheated us by not providing us with the accommodation even after getting the vouchers for our stay. I was travelling with a 3 year old kid and it was a nightmare experience with them. They made me wait for 3 hrs and didn’t take us to the hotel.

Review collected in partnership with this airline
1  Thank yellateja
Reviewed 29 September 2021

Although I love emirates business class on A380 and rate it best along Qatar but their 777 are very old. The ambience is poor. Doesn't worth it.
Emirates needs to retire these old 777 or need to upgrade them urgently, especially on long hauls.

Date of travel: October 2020
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and boarding
1  Thank ZeeVee73
Reviewed 28 September 2021

I just want to say thank you to Mr.Anouar Hichri from Emirates airline in Zurich international airport because we are a big family and he do his best to help us with everything. Thank you again Mr. Anouar

Date of travel: September 2021
Reviewed 27 September 2021

I had two situations already with this airline where they didn’t do refund for me.
1. I did miles upgrade to business class from London to Dubai and to do upgrade I had to pay airport taxes by card plus miles. The flight was canceled by Emirates airlines and taxes payment hasn’t been returned, it took weeks to complain and no resolution. As they have no record and booking reference number not enough for them to do refund, they need ticket number which I didn’t have as supposedly deleted my e-mail, so no refund.

2. flight from Moscow to Dubai airport ground staff offloaded my bag on the belt and only after that informed me that I have overweight, so I was not able to get things out of my bag to take on board as a hand luggage, I could take 7kg with me and pay only 1 kg as a overweight, however I was left in awful situation with no choice but pay excess. I requested to do upgrade to business class on the ground and settle it by miles, airport personnel said they don’t do on ground upgrades and suggested me to ask onboard for the same. After I boarded aircraft I got my upgrade and fully settled it by air miles, so I was entitled for extra luggage.
After my arrival I submitted request to reimburse me either money I paid for extra luggage due to ground staff mishandling or reimburse me some miles for extra amount that I have paid. I have been denied twice without proper explanation why should I pay for airport personnel mistakes? Terrible complaints handling. My two last experiences are horrible and on the top of that Emirates been canceling flights and rescheduling to terrible timing to night flights or different airport without compensation of inconvenience, you can never relay on them when booking tickets, as they just change your flight as a matter of fact and don’t care that they ruined your plans.

Date of travel: August 2021
2  Thank T9056SZtatianad
Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.