“Overall good experience with some inconsistencies ”
Review of Emirates

Reviewed 26 September 2021 via mobile

After a horrible experience with Qatar that I posted here :

We decided to try Emirates for our last vacation to Maldives.

We tried both economy and business class, flew economy from Rome to Dubai, business from Dubai to Male and business all way back.

Overall was a good trip, now the service and the staff is much better on the flights between Rome and Dubai and not as good on the flights between Male and Dubai: cabin crew is much more polite on the first leg, the food is also much better.

Now comparing to Qatar there were less complimentary offers in the business class, for example we didn’t have personal amenity kits with moisturizing creams and lip balms, but hand creams were available in the bathrooms, socks and eye mask were provided.

We truly liked the complimentary driver offer on our way back, it was very nice to have someone waiting for you at arrivals, helping with the luggage at no additional cost.

We also liked the airport of Dubai, found it much nicer than Doha and Abu Dhabi. It has much more choice for shopping, more food options and is more cosy for our taste.

Also the lounge that one can purchase the access in the airport is much better than Oryx that I described here, it is much bigger and not as bright as Oryx so allows for the best rest:

As for the business class lounge, I cannot compare Qatar to Emirates as, because of the issues with customer service of Qatar airways we didn’t have opportunity to visit it. But the business class lounge in Dubai is huge and provides many different options for rest, food, taking a shower and waiting for a flight in a comfortable way.

In any case, after our horrible experience with Qatar airways we are going to continue fly with Emirates, already planning to visit Dubai in March the next year.

2  Thank AlexandraG2627

Reviewed 26 September 2021 via mobile

I’m a Singapore Airlines Solitaire, used to the very good service provided by them, in particular if you fly business class.
I was due to travel from Jakarta to Bologna and due to Covid restrictions l could not transit in Singapore hence l had to chose a different airlines and since l never flew Emirates and they have the Dubai Bologna flight l chose them.
I contacted my travel agent and l got a business class ticket.
At check in l had some extra weight on top of the 40kg allowed, l knew it and l was prepared to pay something but, as always occured with other airlines (not only SQ) normally the company is allowing some more ‘free’ kg, especially if you fly business class, well with Emirates it did not happen and they made me pay the extra weight to the last kg…
Then, together with the weight payment receipt they gave me my boarding passes and informed me that unfortunately Emirates does not have a business class lounge in Jkt airport and they don’t have any agreement with those existing, so they ask you to arrive 3 hours before the flight and then, even if you fly business, you are not even entitled to use a biz class lounge… absurd.
Finally the boarding time came and to my surprise l found the 777-300 biz class configuration to be 5 seats in a row instead of 4 seats like for example SQ. I’ve always heard that Emirates was competing in terms of comfort with the top airlines in the world… obviously that is not the case as this configuration leaves a quite narrow seat that don’t even fully flat recline…. so my only hope was left in the inflight service which again was way below expectations, especially with the food (terrible!) and the kindness of the flight attendants (cold as a piece of ice!)
Arrived in Dubai l had 3 hours+ to wait so l thought ‘let’s try the famous Emirates Business Class Lounge’… well, l was shocked to be turned away because apparently my ticket was business class but it did not entitle me to enter the business class lounge… that was the most ridiculous thing happened to me in many years of flying…
The inflight experience on the Dubai-Bologna leg was not much different from the previous one so l
thanked the heaven when l finally arrived in Bologna and put that dreadful experience behind my back, and, unless without any other option, l won’t chose Emirates again for any future flights.

1  Thank 730massimon
Reviewed 24 September 2021

I was ordered from some travel agency and I wanted to change my flight, I tried to contact the plane but due to long hold I could not contact the plane, I got stuck at the airport and after getting SkyWorldTravel I tried to call them. At first they also rejected me but later asked them to change my plane with a discount. Finally I got on my plane. If anyone else has the same problem as me, please try it: + 1-888-720-1433.

• Food and Beverage
    • Check-in and boarding
Reviewed 22 September 2021

Pathetic customer service. Had lot of expectation about emirates, but lost trust on them now. The customer service representative was rude. I was informed about flight cancellation just 10 days before my flight dated 2nd Oct. When I called them to book another flight on the same day (As I needed to travel the same), they said the seats are fully booked and the next available slot is the 11th Oct which is 9 days after my original booking date. When I told the CS to provide some solution to travel on the my original booking date, his tone was rude, as if the flight got cancelled due to my fault.

As a customer, emirates have to offer us a compensation to travel before cancelling the flight for reason even they dont know. There were seats available on business class for another flight on the same day, and I asked if they can upgrade my booking to business class because its their fault. But he was adamant and said I will have to pay the extra charges for business class. Why should I pay extra for a problem which was from their side?

Really bad service, doesnt care about the convenience of the customer, they are simply looting money with their brand image. Will never travel on emirate ever again. There are much cheaper flights who provide good customer service.

2  Thank Jerry149
Reviewed 21 September 2021

The second leg of my journey from London to Seychelles. Transit in DXB was straightforward, just being required to show one's negative PCR test result. I have never seen the DXB airport complex so empty at night! The boarding process was as normal, no requirement to show anything more than one's passport and boarding pass.
The flight itself was excellent. Passengers well spaced out. In flight service and quality of food was excellent and, despite all the masks, the cabin crew were as friendly and helpful as always. Highly recommended.

• Food and Beverage
    • Check-in and boarding
1  Thank Michael L
Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.