“Worst Business Class Service Ever”
Review of Emirates

Reviewed 26 September 2021 via mobile

I’m a Singapore Airlines Solitaire, used to the very good service provided by them, in particular if you fly business class.
I was due to travel from Jakarta to Bologna and due to Covid restrictions l could not transit in Singapore hence l had to chose a different airlines and since l never flew Emirates and they have the Dubai Bologna flight l chose them.
I contacted my travel agent and l got a business class ticket.
At check in l had some extra weight on top of the 40kg allowed, l knew it and l was prepared to pay something but, as always occured with other airlines (not only SQ) normally the company is allowing some more ‘free’ kg, especially if you fly business class, well with Emirates it did not happen and they made me pay the extra weight to the last kg…
Then, together with the weight payment receipt they gave me my boarding passes and informed me that unfortunately Emirates does not have a business class lounge in Jkt airport and they don’t have any agreement with those existing, so they ask you to arrive 3 hours before the flight and then, even if you fly business, you are not even entitled to use a biz class lounge… absurd.
Finally the boarding time came and to my surprise l found the 777-300 biz class configuration to be 5 seats in a row instead of 4 seats like for example SQ. I’ve always heard that Emirates was competing in terms of comfort with the top airlines in the world… obviously that is not the case as this configuration leaves a quite narrow seat that don’t even fully flat recline…. so my only hope was left in the inflight service which again was way below expectations, especially with the food (terrible!) and the kindness of the flight attendants (cold as a piece of ice!)
Arrived in Dubai l had 3 hours+ to wait so l thought ‘let’s try the famous Emirates Business Class Lounge’… well, l was shocked to be turned away because apparently my ticket was business class but it did not entitle me to enter the business class lounge… that was the most ridiculous thing happened to me in many years of flying…
The inflight experience on the Dubai-Bologna leg was not much different from the previous one so l
thanked the heaven when l finally arrived in Bologna and put that dreadful experience behind my back, and, unless without any other option, l won’t chose Emirates again for any future flights.

1  Thank 730massimon

Reviewed 24 September 2021

I was ordered from some travel agency and I wanted to change my flight, I tried to contact the plane but due to long hold I could not contact the plane, I got stuck at the airport and after getting SkyWorldTravel I tried to call them. At first they also rejected me but later asked them to change my plane with a discount. Finally I got on my plane. If anyone else has the same problem as me, please try it: + 1-888-720-1433.

Reviewed 22 September 2021

Pathetic customer service. Had lot of expectation about emirates, but lost trust on them now. The customer service representative was rude. I was informed about flight cancellation just 10 days before my flight dated 2nd Oct. When I called them to book another flight on the same day (As I needed to travel the same), they said the seats are fully booked and the next available slot is the 11th Oct which is 9 days after my original booking date. When I told the CS to provide some solution to travel on the my original booking date, his tone was rude, as if the flight got cancelled due to my fault.

As a customer, emirates have to offer us a compensation to travel before cancelling the flight for reason even they dont know. There were seats available on business class for another flight on the same day, and I asked if they can upgrade my booking to business class because its their fault. But he was adamant and said I will have to pay the extra charges for business class. Why should I pay extra for a problem which was from their side?

Really bad service, doesnt care about the convenience of the customer, they are simply looting money with their brand image. Will never travel on emirate ever again. There are much cheaper flights who provide good customer service.

2  Thank Jerry149
Reviewed 21 September 2021

The second leg of my journey from London to Seychelles. Transit in DXB was straightforward, just being required to show one's negative PCR test result. I have never seen the DXB airport complex so empty at night! The boarding process was as normal, no requirement to show anything more than one's passport and boarding pass.
The flight itself was excellent. Passengers well spaced out. In flight service and quality of food was excellent and, despite all the masks, the cabin crew were as friendly and helpful as always. Highly recommended.

1  Thank Michael L
Reviewed 21 September 2021

After 18 months of not flying, it was good to be back on board with Emirates. With all the Covid-19 travel requirements at my final destination (Seychelles), the various e-mails from Emirates in the run up to the departure process were excellent guides as to requirements, both in transit in DXB and for entering Seychelles. Check-in was only a little longer than previously, then through to the almost empty lounge where there were drinks and food available - no newspapers sadly!
The flight itself was excellent, good food and excellent personal service, all following strictly the various Covid-19 requirements. Passengers were well spaced out. The flight itself was excellent as was the transit processing. Brilliant - thank you again, Emirates for a great flight. Highly recommended.

1  Thank Michael L
Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.