“Value for money... nice flight”
Review of Emirates

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We flew to Boston and Chicago with Emirates, it was quite nice flight. Both time had chance to fly on 777ER. Same pattern of breakfast, last time chicken curry with tamarind rice is uncommon combination, its not too good anyway no alternative option... We hate that preheated frozen pizza... not so good, not tasty....

• Food and Beverage
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

For those who need visa to visit Dubai, Emirates recommends on the website to apply as soon as possible, using an associated company.
I needed a visa for my returning connection, so I have bought it before my first flight.
At the very moment I showed the visa to Dubai authority on the planned date, he informed me that I would need a new visa and at the Emirates desk I was informed that not only I would have to pay AGAIN but furthermore I would have to pay an OVERPRICED visa. I felt extorted.
All because an Emirates known issue about passengers using one other service offered by Emirates. They are negligent in not informing about it on the website.
I tried to have my money back by 6 (six!) different Emirates channels, but the company denied it, no matter how objective or insistent I have been.
I really felt extorted and I think it is a shame for a company with so many high standards in other areas to take part in this scheme. Frustration is something that will be linked to my first experience with Emirates.

1  Thank robsonsc
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I arrived early for my return flight to the Northen Hemisphere and checked in quite quickly and effortlessly. As a Business class passenger you are directed to a special, exclusive passport control section which leads into the general Premium lounge available to passengers from many airlines. This lounge is not really that welcoming, it's rather dingy and the air conditioning wasn't working that efficiently on the evening I was there.

Boarding was called quite early but there were long slow queues to board and no special consideration given to business class passengers. At close to midnight the atmosphere was not a particularly calming experience. But I found my window seat in business class in the Boeing 777 and I did my best to try to make myself comfortable. I am already on record for complaining about the 777 - the seats are not good and personal storage is very limited.

Having done my best to settle in I was irritated to learn that there was no champagne on offer before take off - only soft drinks. Anyway, at least we pushed off from the stand approximately 10 minutes ahead of schedule which gave me some hope for a fast flight to Dubai.

I made an early decision to do my best to sleep through the whole flight. But my seat was very uncomfortable despite it reclining almost 180° and the pilot had the fasten seat belt signs on most of the flight after an early violent period of turbulence. That meant that I felt obliged to seek special permission to use one of the only two toilets available in business.

I use Emirates a lot but this was one occasion when I just wanted to get off as soon as possible. And if the airline continues to use the 777 for such long haul routes then I will consider shifting to rival airlines.

• In-flight entertainment (WiFi, TV, films)
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
1  Thank Eyekaytoo
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Yes we were in Economy, but did it feel like it? No!! Everything about Emitates is luxury & they are the best airline so far. Both our departure and return flights left on time, the staff were great in organising the birthday cake I ordered, the food was amazing and the movie selections were great too. The selection of beverages were fantastic and the final touches (night lights, blanket, pillow) were well & truly needed! Would I fly Emirates again..... 100%! Even their app exceedsed my expectations! Thank you Emirates

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

A great flight in both directions. Spacious seats, plenty of legroom and very comfortable. For someone like me, who's only 5 ft 2, it's less about legroom than about how claustrophobic I feel if the seats are too close together. This felt fine. The entertainment system was good, with a wide range of current films, TV programmes and music. Staff were very kind: when I tipped a full cup of coffee into my lap, the lovely (Ayesha?) insisted on going upstairs to first class to find me a pair of pyjamas to wear while she cleaned my trousers. Embarrassingly, I got a bit upset about being so clumsy (I was exhausted after a hard week's work away from home) and she not only offered me a shoulder to cry on, but also to talk about my problems! Above and beyond- what a lovely, lovely woman and a credit to Emirates.