“Cheaper than mainstream airlines, but not as cheap as it was, with annoying demands”
Review of easyJet

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I've travelled using easyJet many times before, on its domestic route between Aberdeen and Luton. At that point easyJet used Boeing 737-700 aircraft. The fleet now consists solely of Airbus 319 aircraft, which have adequate seat pitch for a flight of 3 hours.
Check-in is now non existent at Gatwick and, therefore, getting your checked-in luggage to the conveyor belt, involves using a self service machine - walk up to a machine and follow the reasonably clear instructions of how to get a luggage label on your suitcase and taken by the conveyor belt. There are a few staff to help if you have problems!
After security (which had its own set of issues!) I grabbed my lunch and a few things for the flight. Naturally, I had a cabin bag and totally expected to be able to take my "cabin bag" on the aircraft. 50 minutes before due departure I went to the gate (110). On arrival at the gate, about 10 minutes later, I grabbed a coffee and bun from Pret, before proceeding to the actual gate. Upon arrival, I was met with the normal queue, which one would expect, except that there was an easyJet staff member, telling people that their cabin bags would not fit in the aircraft lockers and would have to go in the hold. This applied to everyone! It became very apparent that many people want to pay for two bags of cabin baggage and, therefore, space is quickly taken up by those people and forces everyone else to depart with their cabin bags at the gate. Not great. Not impressive. Especially when you have a number of items, as well as your lunch to carry on and realise you now won't have anything to carry it in! So I carried all these items on loose - most difficult when you have to present your boarding pass and passport at the same time. My suggestion, if easyJet is resorting to this policy, is that everyone with a cabin bag, should carry a supermarket carrier bag, in case they make you part with you cabin bag. The easyJet member had no regard for whether anyone had anything necessary in their bags for the flight, such as medication.
Thankfully, at Sofia, I was through the whole airport and into a taxi in just 9 minutes! This was because I know the ropes there now and very luckily, both my checked bag and cabin bag were one of the first bags to appear on the conveyor belt and arrived together!
As for the in flight experience, the service from the crew is fine, but the food is way over priced and poor quality, hence I buy my own food and drink, preferring a Boots Meal Deal.
The return journey, a week later, proved similar, except the staff did not demand that cabin bags were given up, but, instead, asked politely if you would volunteer.
I'm in two minds, as to whether to continue to use easyJet, as although their prices are a little cheaper than mainstream airlines, they don't offer the same level of "non hassle" service.
Both flights left a little late, but both boarded in a timely manner.

• Legroom
    • In-flight entertainment (WiFi, TV, films)
    • Value for money
Write a ReviewReviews (38,850)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

First time we have flew from Glasgow, it’s the best airport I have been from. The staff were lovely, the whole set out was so easy to get around. The flight was on time as usual, although they could do with more seats in the gate area. The flight over had quite a lot of turbulence over the North Sea, everyone cheered when we landed. The flight back wasn’t great, we boarded with a smile and a hello from a lovely man (staff), then as we approached our seats there was a young lad slouched across the seats, I let my husband and son sit with him. He was agitated, then he was asleep and had one shoe and sock off, his leg over the chair in front. Couldn’t understand why they allowed him to fly? The staff asked him if he was ok two or three times before takeoff? The staff at Schönefeld airport were great too, really friendly and pleasant.

Date of travel: October 2018
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

It got me where I was going. This is a budget airline. It gets you from point A to point B with no frills. But that is okay on a short flight. We boarded on the tarmac and deplaned on the tarmac so expect to be in the weather. Not an issue on this day. The plane was very clean. The crew was polite. Expect upsales in the cabin for drinks, snacks and duty free. For a flight a little over an hour I can get along without those things. So you will get along just fine as long as you don't expect the things you get on a full price flight.

• Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

yesterday I got a flight back and this morning while emptying my case realised that 3 packets of cigarettes and a tube of pure aloe Vera gel had gone missing out of my case!
now im not that concerned about the items as I can get the in England its more to the fact that i feel violated! as the are in a position of trust and things have been taken from my case, if they could have taken these items what else could they have taken? I mean i feel violated by the fact that my underwear was in there, my clothes, my personal belonging and somebody can just go through it and take what they want somebody who should be looking after your stuff somebody who should insure that it is protected whilst on board, but instead somebody from either side of the airport who works with easy jet and the luggage has been through my personal belongings and I think it is disgusting!
I hope it was worth making somebody feel unease and violated for a few packets of cigarettes and a tub of aloe Vera!

scum!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We are regular travellers but this was our first experience of Easyjet. Both flights arrived on time. The return flight left a little late but the pilot made up the time. The staff were helpful and overall this compares well with other airlines. Our only grumble - we paid extra for speedy boarding and although this worked on the outbound flight it was ignored at Corfu.

Date of travel: October 2018
    • Food and Beverage
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)