“Holiday Travel”
Review of China Southern Airlines

Reviewed 15 July 2018 via mobile

We’ve taken China Southern for travel throughout parts of Asia a few times now and have not had major issues. Ticket prices are reasonable, flights are normally on time, with exceptions leaving Bangkok to Guangzhou due to weather it seems and the flight attendants are friendly and attentive. They speak English as well so it’s never been an issue communicating with them. The seats are fairly comfortable especially compared to some other Asian airlines here and the only downside I have is returning to Beijing is having to deplane on the tarmac and taking a shuttle bus to the terminal as it seems they park the planes far out and it can be up to a 10 minute bus ride to the terminal. But overall, we’ve had great service and have been happy.

Date of travel: June 2018
Write a ReviewReviews (3,885)

Reviewed 15 July 2018

Overall I was very happy with my first experience on this airline. I got a very good priced ticket. The 737-800 & the 787 Dreamliner were both very comfortable. The food on-board was very good & there was a good drinks selection available apart from any type of spirits. The cabin crew on-board were friendly & helpful. I wasn't happy on my outbound flight from London to Manila. I was permitted to have my emergency power bank which had a built in compass & full size LED light to be in my checked baggage. After traveling for more than 12 hours on two different aircraft my power bank was removed from my suitcase by China Southern security. Apart from this I was happy with my outbound & inbound flights.

Date of travel: July 2018
1  Thank Doublediamond
Reviewed 14 July 2018

We were slightly nervous about our decision to fly with China Southern however, overall, we are glad we did. The service was attentive and friendly, though the food and movies were pretty average.These minor grumbles were forgiven in the light of the positive aspects - lie flat seats (we actually slept), flights direct from and to Christchurch (rather than travelling via Auckland) and the price of the tickets was roughly the same as Singapore Airlines premium economy.

Date of travel: May 2018
Reviewed 14 July 2018

I've been in CSA and that's my first travel abroad experience. I thought it was quite tolerable until I travel with other airlines. The worst experience in my mind probably when the staff in the cabin throw a lot of 'brown thick foods' like chocolate or porridge into the toilet and didn't even flush them properly. A lot of passengers thought they are 'poop', I thought they were too. I came back to my seat because I didn't want to deal with such a thing. While I had the need to pee asap, I couldn't help myself but keep thinking about the poop. 30 minutes later, I came back to the toilet and the 'poop' was still there.

I had a long queue in another near toilet and I was waiting in the place where the staff preparing foods. I saw that it was some a cabin staff throwing some brown and thick foods into the toilet! They doing that when passengers didn't notice, except me.

There are a lot of passengers just came and complaining about the toilet was broken and there a lot of 'poop' all over the place. But the staff doesn't seem really care, or they are don't understand. So I initiated myself to go the toilet with a lot of 'poop' and other passengers seem surprised with my action. I cleaned them all, the foods that look like 'poop'. It was a porridge or chocolate. When I done, I said to other passengers, 'its okay, it's a food'.

Date of travel: August 2017
Reviewed 13 July 2018

Was wrongly charged RMB 2000 for golf equipment due to wrong interpretion of rule by China Airline rep at the airport. Wrote multiple emails to airline without even a reply.
Resorted to posting complain on their Consumer Board without reply as well. The board is now(was active before) non-functional but still list a host of complains from past history.'
Would avoid China Southern at all cost