“ORD to BKK, Business class”
Review of China Eastern Airlines

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Some of the problems I had with this flight are probably related to booking through Justfly. I booked 4 months in advance, had seats picked and confirmed.. 2 days before flight time, I tried to check in, one leg of my flight was showing 'economy'.
I called the justfly customer service line and was assumed it was just a glitch.
Justfly instructs you to use a confimation number on the CE site to check in. That number does not work! Use you eticket number!
Flight to BKK went off ok, but the transit in PDU is annoying. Justlfy shows an Airbus 330 on this leg, both legs of this trip to/from BKK were on an A320. Big difference.
Baggage arrived with me in BKK, (something Hainan can't pull off)
On the return trip I again had online check in problems with CE. It instructed me to choose a seat, and showed none available. I was repeatedly stalled at this point, and my previously selected seat was not showing on the chart or anywhere in the online check in process. Very annoying, more so since I had to make an 8 hour drive to the airport and hope I had a seat. I called the two CE phone numbers listed for Thailand, and got no answer., repeatedly.
Flight back was on time and ok.
I probably won't use justfly and CE again. Why? When you spend this much money and have other booking arrangements dependent on your flight being 'right', you don't need to deal with mysteries.
PDU is not a nice airport to transit. The lounge provided was OK, but crowded.
When transiting in PEK via another airline and business class, they provided concierge service to expedite transit in china. 15 minutes instead of one hour plus dealing with multiple lines for immigration, security scan, etc.
I'll give 3 stars since the planes were on time, and I got where I needed to go with my bags arriving with me, but overall this was not a pleasant experience I would repeat unless price difference was dominant.

Food was OK, seat on the 777 was OK,. Customer service other than flight staff was not so good.

Date of travel: November 2018
1  Thank PC1955
Write a ReviewReviews (3,504)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The flight was on time and the leg room was very good for an economy flight. We arrived for check in about 3 1/2 hours before departure, we had already checked in on line but it took nearly an hour queuing to reach the check in desk. Once we were checked in we then had to queue about 40 minutes for security and the same again for immigration. The food on board was offered as chicken or beef. I chose the chicken but it didnt taste anything like chicken.The ice cream afterwards was very welcome

1  Thank mariondp
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Unfortunately China Eastern Airlines was the only option we had to fly from Chengdu to Male. I wasn't expecting anything great from a Chinese carrier but have to say that from the ground service to the airplane comfort, everything was bad ! I had the front row on a 737-700 and had the impression to have less space than in economy.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

They changed my seat assignment without telling me (a real problem since I have a shoulder problem and had intentionally booked a left side aisle seat so that my shoulder would not be touching someone for a ten hour flight and they chose to move me to a right side aisle seat where my shoulder was crammed up against somebody for the entire flight.

The company ALSO denied my SkyMiles credit with Delta for this flight. There's a good reason that they're cheaper than everybody else. DON'T FALL FOR IT.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We were apprehensive about flying an airline we knew nothing about, but we were totally pleased with the experiences we had on China Eastern. Business class seating was comfy and we managed to sleep 7 hours both ways. First flight was 2-2-2 seating and was comfy. Entertainment screens were pretty far from the seat. Service was excellent and bathrooms were always spotless, Takeoffs were both on time. Second flight was 1-2-1 pod seating. That was great, only complaint there was lack of personal space to put things. Headphones provided could have been better, but overall, I would fly China Eastern anytime. Our short connecting flights out of Shanghai were only an hour and a half, and we were served a complete meal! Wow. US Airlines have a lot to learn. One complaint is that because we booked through expedia, their website was very tricky to use, it didn't recognize our reservations. Customer service by phone straightened it out.

4  Thank uostatechef