“Not bad at all!!”
Review of China Eastern Airlines

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Quite a surprising experience. On time, decent food, good cabin staff, reasonable in-flight entertainment. Lacking decent legroom and cabin interior dated. Decent value for money.

1  Thank Robert K
Write a ReviewReviews (2,766)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This was my first time to fly with China Eastern airline, used to fly Cathay Pacific to Asia. saw many reviews about China Eastern, quite hesitated but when i saw the price, I told myself i need to try it. Last flight with Cathay Pacific was not good as other passengers don't sleep even light off, noisy, kids crying and running around like a zoo.
China Eastern flight still have room to improve, especially the foods, but in terms of service, cabin...are ok with me. one thing needs to point out: their website is very suck...i booked my ticket from expedia, and we can't use the confirmation# in CE website to check anything; has to use their 781...# (11 or 12 digits) to start for everything, and you have to type that # again...so annoying, they really need to update their website, not easy to do on line check in...
we traveled multiple destinations: JFK to CTS; CTS to HND; HND to JFK under $700; Cathay was almost double this price. of course we have to stopover in Shanghai; all our flights were on time; as a result, I will fly China Eastern again

1  Thank lovetotravel_201166
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I was apprehensive about flying with China Eastern Airlines as I had read some mixed reviews on line. However, I was very impressed about the airline, which I found better than Air Canada, our national airline. There were plenty of flight attendants on board and the meals were good by airline standards.

Technical problems with the plane delayed our departure from Toronto to Shanghai. Once in Shanghai, the airline offered all passengers financial compensation for the delay. I received on the spot $180 worth of Yuans. I was off to a good start for my holidays. I hope to fly again with China Eastern Airlines.

1  Thank S1015INandrep
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I flew to Chanchun, Jilin China via connection in Shanghai, Pudong for business in business class. The reputation that they have received and negative experiences could not be confirmed as I have a very pleasant experience. The planes are new Triple sevens that fly the LAX-PVG route. The business class seats are excellent and provide excellent privacy. The food is excellent and the flight attendants are always walking the isle to ensure that everyone is satisfied. You will find that english is not their strongpoint however they are improving. Boarding and deplaning is quick/smooth. China Eastern has come a long way and is now very competitive with the other main players in Asia. I recommend that you experience this yourself and formulate your own opinions. I however highly recommend them.

1  Thank Gary P
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Long Flight, about 15 hours. Service was good, no problems overall for Economy seats. Food was ok. China Eastern has decent rates for travel to China. The Chinese don't seem to understand waiting in line. Everyone tries to push through to get on first.