“The Worst Flying Experience”
Review of British Airways

Reviewed 1 February 2024

It was the worst flying experience of my life! I paid 70 euros extra while checking in to get the emergency exit seat. The entertainment screen didn’t work. I incessantly requested the rather rude and unbothered staff to help me, probably move my seat, but they wouldn’t help. I had to call them at least 5 times before one of the crew members told me that there aren’t any seats, which also is a blatant lie. I know for a fact that there was one seat available in premium economy.

Moving on, my return to Dublin was also on a BA flight, and the service of the BA staff at the Terminal 3 Delhi airport is laughable.

I understand there can be issues but if addressed nicely, I would never want to leave such a horrible review. But I am left with no choice, no one at BA wants to listen.

would highly recommend NOT travelling with British Airways.

Date of travel: December 2023

Reviewed 1 February 2024

Terrible terrible terrible airline!! PLEASE STAY AWAY! Our connecting flight to London was delayed which led to us missing our connection. According to EU regulations, if a passenger is delayed on reaching their destination by more than 4 hours the airline must provide a monetary compensation for this delay. Not only is it the 4th month that I am waiting for this compensation but the overall saga of flying with BA was terrible. Every single one of the following flights was delayed, there wasn't enough space in the overhead bin so they forced us to check in our luggage, the UK airport security apparently has other regulation for transporting liquids so ended up throwing away the majority of our stuff (regardless of us just being stuck there in transit) but now that I am waiting for the delay compensation, which btw they are required to provide BY LAW, their customer relations team stopped responding to my requests for a proof of payment and reply to me maybe once a month with the same template that asks me to "be patient". This department can not be reached in any way and nobody is able to escalate their incompetence. For those who run into the same issue, feel free to reach out to EuropeDirectContactCentre@edcc.ec.europa.eu who will give you a rundown of all the ways you can escalate this further to a local national enforcement body so that you can take it further. Good luck and truly, don't use this terrible airline.

Date of travel: September 2023
Reviewed 1 February 2024

I’d like to start with the check in. Horrible. I got an email saying my flight was cancelled but when I checked on the website it wasn’t. So naturally, I tried calling them. Took around 15 minutes just to get off the waiting area. When I finally got on, they did not respond. They don’t want to get a bad review so they pick up and leave you. Our answer said, “hello?” And just left us like that. I do not like British airways check in. The food is moderately bad. I hate this company

Date of travel: January 2024
Reviewed 31 January 2024

Upgraded to first class as a special birthday treat. Wi fi didn’t work , entertainment system didn’t work. Food choices not available. Nothing to eat for 12 hours. Staff totally uninterested and rude. Will never use again .

Date of travel: October 2023
    • Seat comfort
    • Customer service
    • Legroom
    • In-flight Entertainment
    • Check-in and boarding
Reviewed 31 January 2024

It was not bad! Food wasn’t great but oh well. Cabin crew was friendly.
Must’ve been really lucky this time because neither our departing or return flights were ever delayed! We got to leave on time both ways.

We ran into some issues with checking in for our departing flight. We went directly to the airport to ask for assistance. Although we first tried everything to check in online. With the app. Over and over and over again. Nothing worked, we weren’t sure why. It just went in circles. So that’s when we went to the airport. We tried out their machines too for check in. They also didn’t work. Claimed our passport info was invalid? It wasn’t.

We eventually got to talk to staff, and they were extremely helpful once we got the right person. First guy was sort of rude and not understanding. Second guy though, helped us and was very understanding. He got us checked in and even let us choose our seats right there. That app was not going to let us do it. Everything else went really smooth from there after sorting out that issue.

Date of travel: May 2023
    • Seat comfort
    • Customer service
    • Legroom
    • In-flight Entertainment
    • Check-in and boarding
Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.