“British Airways are a joke”
Review of British Airways

Reviewed 30 January 2024

I’ve recently booked a flight with British airways after being in an incident that’s left me disabled. Because of my situation I paid for seating upgrades on 4 different flights which I didn’t receive because the airline changed the plane at the last minute. I spoke to the customer service team and they stated that the upgrades are not guaranteed even tho it’s been paid for and I would not be receiving a refund for the upgrades I didn’t get. This airline robs people of there hard earn money with nothing to say other than the money doesn’t guarantee the seat which is ridiculous. This company doesn’t care as long as they get your payment and no matter if you have a disability or not they will promise fake upgrades

2  Thank GJC2023

Reviewed 29 January 2024

I loved British Airways and flew no other Airline for decades. I was a Gold Card holder and moslty flew either Bussiness Class or First ( for bussiness ) . Today the Airline is the worse I have ever experianced. There is no point in flying Club class because there is no service to warrent the expence. On some flights you dont even have a fast lane. Lost luggage ....you can get a cab yourself to pick up your bags if they arrive on a differant flight ....flight cancelations are as standard as massive delays.

If you claim compensation, you might get an agreement from BA but you will never get the money either unless you make a massive fuss.

To the bussiness travler ...DO NOT FLY BA you might get there on time in comfort but you might also win the lotto, I dont know what has better chances. If you have a loyalty card ....bin it ...the Airline has no loyalty towards its long term travelers so why should you have loyalty towards BA.

Date of travel: November 2023
2  Thank Daniel H
Reviewed 29 January 2024

Flew with BA many times, normally hand luggage, for the first time we paid for it baggage.
What the hell are the baggage handlers going? This is worse than third world countries service. Waited for almost an hour for our luggage? Seriously? And our flight was the first one to arrived here.

Hong Kong, Thailand and Vietnam have better services than this.

Baggage claimant dept is a joke.

Heathrow, do something about it.

Reviewed 28 January 2024

Last year I was really disappointed in the BA Club World service but they have redeemed themselves. We took the evening flight to Dubai and had Club Suites. Since we already had a meal at the lounge and we wanted to sleep as soon as possible we opted to only have a starter and dessert (tasty grilled artichoke soup and cheese platter). The plane was clean and we got the same old amenity kit by the White Company as always which can use an upgrade in my opinion. Staff was lovely and helpful and thanks to the fact that the meal service was back to pre-covid level made this an enjoyable flight.

Reviewed 28 January 2024

Denied boarding to my 11 year old son. So my husband and son had to stay behind.Gave us a total runaround. Terrible service.Got sick on my return. The plane smelled horrible.So sad used to be a good company.

Date of travel: December 2023
    • Check-in and boarding
Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.