“Poor choice”
Review of British Airways

Reviewed 23 June 2023

Once again no choice of seats in Club as they have been blocked out by staff - surely full fare passengers should have first choice

Reviewed 23 June 2023

What a shame that what was once a great airline now offers such abysmal service. I recently contacted the BA Executive Club to have some airmiles belonging to my deceased wife transferred to my account. The customer services person I spoke to having just heard my wife was dead said " I cannot transfer those airmiles without speaking to the account holder please let me speak to your wife" I found this most distressing and had to respond " No you cannot because she is dead". There was no apology, no remorse just a comment that the matter would need to be referred internally as he could not speak to the account holder . In addition I paid for a World Traveller Plus ticket back from South Africa on June 4th 2023 and the entertainment did not work on an eleven hour flight. I tried to get some compensation and there was no interest at all from British Airways so called customer service just a series of pre written standard paragraphs saying sorry in about ten different ways, but sorry is not compensation. BA now make Ryanair seem like a very top end airline. In my view there is no customer service, if I were a shareholder I would be commissioning a thorough review of the current management team and so called customer services team. I used to be an advocate singing the praises of BA. How can I possibly do that or refrain from factually recounting the appalling service I have been receiving? You only have to look at the number of poor reviews here to see the customer perception of what once was good but no longer is.

• Seat comfort
    • Customer service
    • Food and Beverage
    • Legroom
    • In-flight Entertainment
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and boarding
Reviewed 23 June 2023

Terrible airline. Last minute delays, cancellations, seat changes with no communication. App and website experience is years behind other airlines. Seats are cramped and uncomfortable. Would not fly again.

• Seat comfort
    • Customer service
    • Food and Beverage
    • Legroom
    • In-flight Entertainment
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and boarding
Reviewed 23 June 2023

Never, ever again will I fly with BA. After successfully checking in online, my brother was denied boarding without receiving any reasonable explanation. He spent three hours with the BA representatives at the airport, trying to understand why he was not allowed to board. We made multiple unsuccessful attempts to obtain a refund. In the end, BA reluctantly admitted that there was no record of his presence and issued a mere 10% of the original fare. The manner in which they handled the case was utterly unacceptable. BA shamelessly ripped us off.

Date of travel: May 2023
Reviewed 23 June 2023

Cancelled our flight while we were air side. They automatically rebooked us on a flight… positive! I think not. The flight they rebooked us on (may I mention it was only a few hours later) was from london city airport. Heathrow is west of London. City sits firmly in the east. See the problem? Thing only got better. The flight arrival destination was assumed to be Amsterdam where we had planned on going. It was not. In fact, the lovely people at BA saw a flight to Rotterdam and thought that’s close enough. Obviously, we had a few issues with this so we were to go to customer service. We got moved from 3 different customer service locations only to be told to move again. We had enough so we just stay put (4 hours later). We eventually made it to the front. Our friends not on air side (trying to check baggage) we’re told there were no flights to Amsterdam over the next two days from Heathrow. What a surprise to find a 6am flight the next day on the website! We obviously changed the delightful Rotterdam flight to this more accurate option. Back to us at the air side, we obviously had the dilemma of where to stay. Of course, we assumed maybe BA would help. When we spoke to the customer service person, they told us it wasn’t possible for us to stay at the airport and that we could spend the night joyfully on a bench outside. For reference, we are young females fresh out of adolescence so this idea seemed rather obscene. After a minor breakdown, they finally said we could stay at a hotel and actually she took pity on us and provided us with lots of help. I would give her a 10/10 rating but I would say that’s potentially the only positive of our day. This was not over yet however. We had to get out of the airport. We spoke to around 5 different members of staff, none of whom knew how to leave the airport if already air side. What a joy it was to try exit the lovely atmosphere of panic and chaos that pervaded every crevice! anyway, we eventually managed to leave after about an hour of bargaining, headed through immigration and eventually arrived at the hotel. BA, please get a grip as I am pretty sure 2/3 of the people inside that airport had their flights cancelled.

Date of travel: June 2023
Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.