“Absolutely awful”
Review of British Airways

Reviewed 21 June 2023

This BA flight from Rhodes to Gatwick was on an aircraft operated by Avion Express, a Lithuanian charter company. It was the most awful flight we have ever experienced. It was 2 hours late. There was so little legroom that my knees were hard up against the seat in front. They had even removed the netting pockets on the backs of the seats to cram in a few more rows. 4 hours of absolute hell. If this is the future of BA, then BA has no future.

1  Thank PCHB_UK

Reviewed 21 June 2023

Worst economy flight, the seats were not comfortable at all

I booked American airlines as their flights were great but now british airways have taken over never again.

Staff were polite and helpful but the overall experience and comfort was not the one for me.

Sticking to Virgin all the way!!

Reviewed 21 June 2023

If there was a way, i would give them a negative five star review. My parents flew from India to US and their baggage were damaged. We ignored the loss and we understand that it things like this happens. My parents are diabetic and vegetarian. I had requested vegetarian meal for both them yet during the long flight of approx , crew stated that ran out of vegetarian food and did not have enough snacks or something else to substitute. My parent landed at Heathrow hungry and exhausted. We had requested wheelchair assistance but the serive provider did not show up on time and waiting at the transit where they were supposed to be dropped to catch next flight. My parents missed their connecting flight. The staff at the airport are absolutely unprofessional and heartless. After multiple requests, they were provided only 18 pounds for snacks. My diabetic parents were without food for almost 14-15 hours (unaccetable). they waited at the connection for the next flight for almost 10 hours and almost missed the other one too as the staff did not come on time to pick them up. After hue and cry staff realised that my parents were about to miss the flight again. They made it safely back home. It was ordeal and thats the nightmare of any child for their parents when they travel. I WOULD NEVER RECOMMEND THIS AIRLINES

Date of travel: March 2023
    • In-flight Entertainment
Reviewed 21 June 2023

I am an excutive member on British Airways. I booked a return business class to go to Egypt. I was shocked to know that there is no difference between first class and economy plus except for a poisoned meal and a curtain.

The flight was not comfortable at all. I have booked service 2 assistance as I am suffering from sciatic stretch and lumbar spine pain. No one was waiting for me on the airport gates with any assistance. I had to go with 2 bags to the special assistance desk and they kept me standing for 45 mins which made my pain worse. No one from the crew helped me to put my cabin bag in the cabin.
According to British aiways webiste service 2 assistance, I had the choice to leave the plane first but they kept me the last passenger on the aeroplane which was fully booked. I felt humiliated.

The meal was poisonous and I had diarrhea for 2 days, although; I didn't finish my meal, I just took 2 spoons.

When I cancelled the return flight, they called to say, I am not eligible for a refund and they took all the money.

I was proud of British Airways once but now, I respect them anymore and I am boycotting them till I die.

Worst airlines ever specially to the ppl with serious hidden disabilities.

Date of travel: May 2023
    • In-flight Entertainment
Reviewed 20 June 2023

2 hours + late on the way to Vienna because 1st officer didn’t show up. No priority boarding for baby, ended up close to last on board so had to trek down to the end of the plane to find overhead space for luggage. Way back, check in only has one staff member to service all check in. Flight showing delayed 20 mins already. Only reason it’s not 1* is because the plane is slightly more comfortable than Ryanair/easyJet.

Date of travel: June 2023
Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.